Kipling large backpacks...are they unisex?

(9 Posts)
Crispsheets Fri 11-Nov-16 20:25:33

Ignoring the furry monkey.....
I'm looking for a soft backpack for dp for work....he likes pockets and zips. I don't want a "sporty one" and can't find a squidgy leather one.
The Kipling large backpack fits the bill

slalomsuki Fri 11-Nov-16 20:28:23

You can get nice mat black ones which have a little metal monkey that can be taken off. Dh uses one sometimes if not in the car for work. I did see a leather range once but it was £££"s

Crispsheets Fri 11-Nov-16 20:52:18

This is what I'm looking at

specialsubject Sat 12-Nov-16 09:54:51

Impractical so marketed at women. Only usable for a lipstick, a big phone and a few other girly bits. No hip strap so useless for laptop and covered in weighty clutter like that childish toy.

Colour probably runs in the rain and will fall apart in a few months.

As I said ,marketed at women.

AllTheBabies Sat 12-Nov-16 09:59:52

I think they are a bit feminine. Sorry. I work in a shop that sells them and I don't think I've ever seen a man even look at one. They do last well though and I've never heard of one running in the rain (and our customers do love to complain so I would have heard!).

I know you don't want sporty but a hiking backpack would be so much better. I have a Lowe alpine one that is great. Holds loads, has great access, lots of pockets and is waterproof. It is petty plain really. Just black with a small bit of branding.

Crispsheets Sat 12-Nov-16 10:01:14

He doesn't use it for a laptop...mainly to take his lunch and Kindle, phone etc.
Kipling are decent quality ...I've had a bag and small holdall for years.

AllTheBabies Sat 12-Nov-16 10:02:53

They definitely are good quality Crisp. I've used one as a nappy bag for going on 6 years and it barely shows any wear and tear.

Crispsheets Sat 12-Nov-16 10:09:58

Yes I'm feeling they are "girly".
Bugger. I just can't find what I'm looking for.
Have to rethink sad

interstellarcloudofdust Sat 12-Nov-16 10:14:08

Impractical so marketed at women. Only usable for a lipstick, a big phone and a few other girly bits. No hip strap so useless for laptop and covered in weighty clutter like that childish toy. Colour probably runs in the rain and will fall apart in a few months.

That's some daft comments there. I know Kipling bags are not everyone's cup of tea but at least be factual. They come in all shapes and sizes so you can definitely get ones that will hold more than a lipstick. They're not "covered in weighty clutter". The monkeys weigh next to nothing and you can take them off anyway. Not only do the colours not run in the rain, you can put them through a washing machine and they don't run. I've got Kipling bags that I've had for years, washed multiple times and they're as good as new.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now