Talk

Advanced search

Can you stretch boots?

(6 Posts)
Lambzig Fri 11-Nov-16 13:48:12

I have been given some Frye harness boots - new. Absolutely lovely. They are pull on.

My problem is that I can get my left foot in them with a bit of wriggling and once my foot is in there is plenty of room, definitely the right size. I cannot get my right foot in the boot. It gets stuck so that my heel can't quite get down past the top of the back of the heel. I have high insteps. So nearly though. Is there any way that the boot could be stretched a little as I am sure they would be fine when on.

BusterGonad Fri 11-Nov-16 14:10:23

I had some shoes that really rubbed so I put a bag of water in each shoe and froze them. I did this twice and now they don't rub and fit like a dream BUT they were nude leather and now they look more tan. Be prepared that if you this they may well get ruined.

chemicalCat Fri 11-Nov-16 15:33:08

You can but spray to stretch leather and you can buy shoe stretchers for a few quid on eBay. They might be difficult to get into the boot, however.

I have stretched a pair of shoes with the above by leaving them on the stretcher and giving half a turn to them every day for a week.

rightknockered Fri 11-Nov-16 15:49:27

How hard did you try to push your foot in?
Only half joking!
I have a pair of Frye Harness, and at first just putting them on made me break out in a sweat. But after a couple of wears it got much easier
You could always use a spray, but the difficulty getting your foot in is quite common I think

blowmybarnacles Fri 11-Nov-16 16:55:42

A good shoe repairer may put them on a boot stretcher for you.

You can buy leather stretcher - spray on and stuff with paper

HappyHello Fri 11-Nov-16 21:53:33

I heated mine up with a hairdryer, just pointed the nozzle where you'd put your foot in. Then I wore them with really thick socks for 10 minutes or so. Had to do it a couple of times and now they fit perfectly.
Tip from S&B I think but it really worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now