Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for gentle hand and face motions??

(7 Posts)
JeanGenie23 Thu 10-Nov-16 22:12:16

I am putting together a hamper for my mom for Christmas, she is currently undergoing chemo and I wanted to make her a pamper basket, fill it with soft cosy slippers, smelly candle, DVD and perhaps a lip balm and hand/face lotion.

I'm a bit stuck on what products to buy though as I know nothing about beauty and make up, and they need to be really gentle, hypoallergenic, and chemical free.

Where the hell do I start??? Thank you

ellequick Fri 11-Nov-16 14:33:50

Sorry to hear your mum is going through this JeanGenie23, your idea is lovely. I found this thread which has some great suggestions, hope you find some inspiration in here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/life_limiting_illness/2232359-Chemo-hamper

Wishing you well xx

JeanGenie23 Sun 13-Nov-16 08:27:57

Thank you ellequick smile

KathArtic Sun 13-Nov-16 08:45:29

Whoops, typo in your title OP?

Chemo can change your skin and sense of smell
and taste (like you have a cold/flu) so anything gentle,soft and calming would be lovely.

Some treatments can cause the hair to fall out (everywhere!!) and also damage the nails so bare that in mind too.

flowers to your mom.

Fozzleyplum Sun 13-Nov-16 09:34:33

TK Maxx have Tisserand lavender hand cream (and other Tisserand products) at the moment. I think they are all natural. Another gentle, all natural, range is Weleda, available online, and they have a factory shop in Ilkeston if you're in that area.

JeanGenie23 Sun 13-Nov-16 17:57:16

Hahaha KathArtic yes definitely a typo!

Her hair went a long time ago, she has a wonderful wig which she is very happy with, and my lovely brother brought her some silk scarves that she is experimenting with.

I haven't heard her mention her nails but I remember reading that they can be affected, thank you!

FozzleyPlum I am in north east London, I actually went to my local shopping centre today and went into Neil's Yard, the assistant wasn't very helpful, but a customer overheard me talking to her and suggested Burt's Bees. So I will check them out as well!

CantChoose Sun 13-Nov-16 18:11:08

I was coming on to recommend Neil's Yard (and to giggle at your typo, sorry!! I would suggest a queen-like wave for the hand motion, not sure about the face...) but sorry to see they weren't too helpful. I also love burts bees and find their products gentle too.
My aunt used Mum-to-be products when she was having chemo as they usually tick those boxes so might be worth a look, though obv you'd have to explain why you'd chosen those! I'm not familiar with the brands myself I'm afraid xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now