Talk

Advanced search

Russell and Bromley Loafers

(8 Posts)
whiteonesugar Thu 10-Nov-16 11:32:32

I'm after some loafers for work / smart casual with skinny jeans etc and really like Chester from Russell and Bromley. I've got the money to buy them but its come to my attention that the kids version are £100 cheaper and look awfully similar! Can anyone tell me the difference? On first glance it seems maybe the soles are different, but shape wise they look the same, if a little clumpier for the kids version...oh and the adults have the little tag on them...

Does anyone have one or t'other? Thanks!

MassDebate Thu 10-Nov-16 11:55:32

Following as I also fancy some Chesters but haven't yet justified the price to myself. Very interested in cheaper child's version!

polyhymnia Thu 10-Nov-16 12:05:44

I have the adult ones in black patent - am pleased with them as they're comfortable as well as smart.

polyhymnia Thu 10-Nov-16 12:06:18

But I couldn't fit into child size versions!

MrsMarigold Thu 10-Nov-16 12:19:43

I bought some kids shoes the other day, (size38) they look fine and are really, really comfy because standards for kids shoes are a bit higher and also then you dont pay VAT so it's a win-win

whiteonesugar Thu 10-Nov-16 12:39:52

MrsMarigold I am a 5 too, so I was thinking I may take advantage of the fact I can fit into kids ones!! The only small issue is that I prefer the styling of the Adult version which have patent and suede mix, the kids are one or the other. However, Its £100 difference so I may be able to overlook that....

MrsMarigold Thu 10-Nov-16 17:45:59

I also saw some gorgeous black Froddo brogue ankle boots that were £68. The attention to detail was incredible. And their trainers are great too, seriously I can't believe I didn't do this sooner, I'd habe saved a fortune over the years.

43andcounting Thu 10-Nov-16 17:56:30

I asked the assistant about this a few months ago and she confirmed that some styles are identical. She said that, if you can fit into the kids styles, then you can get the same product for cheaper.
Go for it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now