Talk

Advanced search

Hot air stylers - any good or just all bluster?

(10 Posts)
mostlymindblown Thu 10-Nov-16 10:22:39

I have only just heard about these (!) and they look like the answer to providing some quick and easy oomph to my very fine and flat shoulder length hair.

Promotional stuff looks amazing obviously but do they work?

And any recommendations if so?

I look forward to sashaying down the street with my bouncy locks very soon!

GinAndOnIt Thu 10-Nov-16 14:46:11

I have a cheap one from Boots (might have been Tresemme) and I bloody love it. I can't coordinate blow drying my hair with a brush in my hand as well so it works perfectly for me.

poppym12 Thu 10-Nov-16 16:53:41

I bought the babyliss big hair last week and I'm amazed at how easy it is to get bouncy hair.

Princesspond Thu 10-Nov-16 17:05:43

I've got the babyliss big hair also have fine hair. It doesn't give me the big hair I've seen demonstrated but it def gives it a bit of thickness and a blow dry effect. I've been asked if I've been to the hairdressers before. I think the effect would be better if I partitioned and did it all properly I'm usually in a rush and do a less comprehensive job.

I'd heard they have a tendency to die so I stapled the receipt to the box (think I read on here) but it's doing fine so far (nearly 2 yrs old)

Maverick66 Thu 10-Nov-16 17:18:46

I have a babyliss big hair plus I have an old hot air brush from years ago. Both are equal in my opinion.

mostlymindblown Thu 10-Nov-16 17:19:27

This is just what I wanted to hear!

My hand / brush coordination is also a bit rubbish and I just get bored when blow drying so only ever do it half heartedly so it looks a bit crap.

Think I will take the plunge with my Boots points.

Cheers!

monkeywithacowface Thu 10-Nov-16 17:20:15

I love my babylis big hair. Have very thick hair but it's very easy to manage styling it

CheerfullyIndifferent Thu 10-Nov-16 17:32:59

I've recently bought the Tresemme one (mostly because it was half the price of the babyliss big hair and I wasn't sure I would get along with it) and I love it. I have curly hair and get it straight - but not flat - in about 1/4 of time it would take me with a brush and a hair drier. Not too far from a salon blow dry, I would say.

When I was researching, I watched a ton of YouTube videos to get a feel of how they worked. One of the ladies I've watched had fine hair and I was amazed with her technique and how lovely her hair looked. I will have a look at my history and see if I have a link.

101handbags Thu 10-Nov-16 17:52:25

I have a short (just above chin length) poker straight bob - think Catherine Zeta Jones in Chicago (shame I don't have her face!) I've got the smaller Babyliss big hair & honestly I wouldn't be without it now... I only use it to turn the ends under when my hair is almost dry - so it looks like I've had a nice blow dry when really this finishes it off in about a minute. What I will say is it can make your hair flyaway on the first day, I brush my hair over with a Babyliss Ionic hairbrush which seems to 'set' it. And no, I promise I don't work for Babyliss!

Petal02 Thu 10-Nov-16 20:02:23

I couldn't live without my babyliss big hair. I've also got a hot air styler (just like the babyliss big hair, but the brush doesn't rotate) and that's good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now