A cheap non chip nail varnish. Does this exist?

(12 Posts)
SellMySoulForSomeSleep Thu 10-Nov-16 00:04:39

I'm bridesmaid on Saturday and could do with some silver nail Polish that will last the day.
I was going to get my nails done but I now won't have time.
I never ever wear it so I'm completely clueless.
I'm skint as well. Could anyone recommend a Polish that will last the day and isn't expensive?

Thanks in advance.

Euphemia Thu 10-Nov-16 06:55:58

Rimmel are good but I'd recommend a top coat - Sèche Vite is fantastic.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Thu 10-Nov-16 12:32:08

Thanks. smile

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 10-Nov-16 12:49:53

Essence from Wilkos.

Buy the colour you want the gel like topcoat - both will set you back about a fiver. Dries insanely quickly and doesn't chip. Promise you won't be disappointed!

This is the topcoat, the 'Hard as Nails' base coat is also excellent if you want to splash out, although I don't see it on the website.

Choccywoccy16 Fri 11-Nov-16 22:46:52

Barry M, for nail varnish always. I've heard good things about the Maybelline 7 days strong range as well, although I've not tried it for myself. You can make almost any nail varnish last though by applying a good base and top coat.

The maybelline gel top coat is good value, as is Nails Inc Kensington top coat, although it stinks. I've fallen a bit out of love with Seche Vite, it sometimes shrinks the polish, so it looks like I've got tipwear straightaway.

Make sure you get a good base coat as well, I just use OPI Nail Envy. OPI also do a base coat called "Chip Skip" which is supposed to prevent chips. It works on my mum, but it dries my nails out too much and doesn't work.

Sillysausages44 Fri 11-Nov-16 22:52:22

Second Essence from wilkos-i tend to take it off my toenails because I fancy a change of colour, not because it has chipped.

QuestionableMouse Fri 11-Nov-16 23:01:04

Honestly for one day buy the colour you like and don't worry about it. Most polishes will last a day.

Aquasport Fri 11-Nov-16 23:01:52

Rimmel definitely - especially gel ones

peri89 Fri 11-Nov-16 23:04:43

Rimmel is great. I've also been so impressed with the nail polish from new look! It's cheap as chips but colours are so vibrant. Last a few days at best but could be applied in the morning (dry fast) and would last the day.

DanicaJones Fri 11-Nov-16 23:05:44

Someone I know tried lots of nail varnishes including the most expensive brands and found Revlon to chip the least. I wore some over the summer and did find it chipped less than other brands, although I've not tried the most expensive brands like my friend did. Only thing is I don't always find the colours I want at Revlon.

Vanillagirl00 Fri 11-Nov-16 23:11:19

Barry M! The 'Gellish' ones are especially resilient and look fab- shiny and gorgeous. You could put on a base/top coat for extra chip-proofness but it has never chipped for me within a day.

BretonStripe Fri 11-Nov-16 23:13:20

Barry M and seche vit top coat (though I got mine from eBay and not sure you'll have time to get it delivered).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now