Talk

Advanced search

Am I asking the impossible? (boots again, sorry)

(11 Posts)
ShimmeringIce Wed 09-Nov-16 22:02:05

It's snowing, I'm pregnant and walking is becoming uncomfortable, and I'm terrified of slipping on ice anyway sad
I've just ordered some black polyester maternity coats to try (fluffy-hooded parka style) which aren't very me - this is relevant, honestly...
Now I need cosy, bouncey, super-comfy boots with good traction on ice but... I'm not a fan of chunky footwear hmm I usually like 'dainty' / pointy / pixie-like stuff.
Is there anything that might fit the bill or am I going to have to buy boots I dislike just to get through the next few months?
Ankle boots or mid-calf would be great, and I have average legs, not difficult to find boots to fit usually. Has anyone got El Naturalistas? They look promising, but can't tell online sad

PacificDogwod Wed 09-Nov-16 22:03:44

I love, love, love my Ecco boots, they are a couple of years old, but I'll see if I can find a similar style.
Pixie style should most definitely be possible.
Have you considered Fly London?

ShimmeringIce Wed 09-Nov-16 22:06:35

Googling right now, thanks!
(Keep 'em coming though wink)

PacificDogwod Wed 09-Nov-16 22:07:56

Have a look at Ecco Touch - some in their outlet site

ShimmeringIce Wed 09-Nov-16 22:15:03

Mm I don't mind these Ecco ones, although the black ones are a bit dull for £130. Are they really bouncy? And would they work with skinny jeans, do you think (limited wardrobe!)

Potkettleblack2 Wed 09-Nov-16 22:16:44

When I was pregnant last year I bought ugg boots. They are nothing at all like the typical ugg boots but so comfy and have good grips.

PacificDogwod Wed 09-Nov-16 22:17:12

I don't know those particular ones, but yes, mine are very bouncy.

I walk to work and they are a wonder in comfortableness grin

PacificDogwod Wed 09-Nov-16 22:18:07

Oh, here's another thought: look at Shoeaholics.
Be warned, v dangerous site grin

PacificDogwod Wed 09-Nov-16 22:19:14

Reduced UGGS

ShimmeringIce Wed 09-Nov-16 22:21:34

grin I've just been looking at Uggs and Shoeaholics on the back of the "to ugg or not" thread. I think even the non-slipper type Uggs might be a bit clunky for me...
I'm going to find some Ecco to try IRL though! Thanks for the suggestions flowers

ShimmeringIce Wed 09-Nov-16 22:25:06

Cheers Pacific
Joey is cute but looks slippy! And Glen is a bit biker-ish in black

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now