Talk

Advanced search

Velvet trews

(15 Posts)
Mrsmaudwatts Wed 09-Nov-16 20:30:44

What do you think of these?
https://m.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/black-velvet-straight-leg-trousers-6029286

Mine just artived. They're not perfect, but for the price and the number if times i'm likely to wear velvet trousers, I quite like them.

fiorentina Wed 09-Nov-16 20:34:25

I quite like them. Tried a few pairs of velvet leggings but those are nicer.

Mrsmaudwatts Wed 09-Nov-16 21:20:46

What would you wear with them? I'm.used to wearing tight fitting skinny jeans that kind of hold my belly in. These are quite loose, so I need a loose, hip length top really. Tried them on again and I'm pretty chuffed with them for the price!

dottyaboutstripes Wed 09-Nov-16 22:19:24

I saw some very similar in primark for half the price, almost bought them but really didn't know what I would wear them with

Mrsmaudwatts Wed 09-Nov-16 22:34:34

I have a grey silk top and some grey/black snakeskin heels that could work....

fiorentina Thu 10-Nov-16 18:44:38

Silk top and heels sounds great. I was going to say that or a pussy bow blouse?

burnishedsilver Thu 10-Nov-16 19:11:39

They're gorgeous.

burnishedsilver Thu 10-Nov-16 19:34:04

I'd wear them with a silk top and a keather jacket.

When you say they're not perfect what do you mean? The fit or the fabric? I'm thinking of buying them.

Mrsmaudwatts Thu 10-Nov-16 20:16:02

By not perfect.... I don't really know what I mean! They're quite lose fit compared to skinny jeans which is what I live in. I always like the boden velvet jeans (on the model anyway!) but these are trousers rather than jeans and quite light fabric.

I've tried them on again (obsessed?) And I really really like them. So by 'not perfect', I think I mean they're not what I was initially looking for. But they might actually look better than the type I wanted...

Namechangeemergency Thu 10-Nov-16 20:56:21

I bought some of the primark ones this week. They are styled like trousers/jeans but are tighter in the legs like leggings.

I am planning to wear mine with an oversized teeshirt (tucked in a bit a the front) and biker boots.

I like them a lot! What's the waist like - is there a zip?

Mrsmaudwatts Thu 10-Nov-16 22:21:13

Yes, usual zip/button

JessicaEccles Fri 11-Nov-16 14:15:11

Can people not order all the 16s as I don't get paid until Tuesday?? thnx

Mrsmaudwatts Sat 19-Nov-16 16:10:32

Jessica did you get some?!

Laquila Sat 19-Nov-16 20:51:25

White Stuff, of all places, have some velvet treggings-type things in navy and black that looked lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now