Talk

Advanced search

Woollen sweaters and cardies

(13 Posts)
FiddleFigs Wed 09-Nov-16 15:31:34

I find it increasingly difficult to find nice woollen sweaters these days. Am Iooking in the wrong places? There's just so much acrylic around. And much as I love cashmere and merino, I'm after something a bit chunkier and cosier.

Where do you get your woollen sweaters? (I'm already onto Toast.)

TheSpottedZebra Wed 09-Nov-16 15:33:30

Merino from Uniqlo.

Woolovers, but you need to sort through the dross carefully, and okay close attention to the (admittedly detailed) sizing info per item, as it's all a bit random and skews huge.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 09-Nov-16 17:41:03

Celtic and co, used to be Celtic sheepskin do lovely chunky knits. Not cheap though.

BikeRunSki Wed 09-Nov-16 17:44:02

Just got a lovely chunky merino from Howies

Chunky merino is the best of both worlds.

greenfields17 Wed 09-Nov-16 17:47:25

I knit mine myself exactly for he reason you mentioned - too much acrylic everywhere.
Sorry I know it's not big help.

SesameSparkle Wed 09-Nov-16 20:16:25

Seasalt might be worth a try for classic chunky knits.

FiddleFigs Thu 10-Nov-16 09:43:49

thanks all! Uniqlo have some lambswool sweaters just in, so I'm off to investigate. And will look into some of the others. I usually end up buying the smaller sizes of men's lambswool sweaters because I rarely find good warm sweaters for women!

greenfields I am knitting one for myself too - only it's getting colder faster than I can knit!

greenfields17 Thu 10-Nov-16 09:51:41

Thicker yarn and bigger needles are the way to go ;)

AlexaTwoAtT Thu 10-Nov-16 11:32:20

Uniqlo.

ImYourWomanJonSnow Thu 10-Nov-16 12:00:42

COS have some great wool jumpers. I have been known to buy for myself from men's range too. My & Other Stories jumpers from last winter are keeping well too.

Uniqlo's quality is hit and miss imo. I had lambswool cardis from the same range two years in a row, the first one was great and still lasts me five years on, the second bobbled and lost shape beyond recognition within the same season.

CruCru Thu 10-Nov-16 12:08:29

Woolovers have some nice things.

AlexaTwoAtT Thu 10-Nov-16 14:08:53

Uniqlo's merino knits are fantastic quality.

Darklane Thu 10-Nov-16 17:20:45

I knit, some gorgeous yarns out there, but if you can't knit then Woolovers can be good for real wool & cashmere/merino/ silk mixes. Lots of colours to choose from, if you follow their sizing guide it's spot on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now