Talk

Advanced search

Is this material going to bobble?

(8 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Tue 08-Nov-16 19:50:11

Do you think this material is going to bobble like hell? It's 52% wool 38% polyester and 12% polyamide. It looks like boiled wool.

I saw this coat today and I love it. I was looking for a dress and don't need a coat. It also doesn't fasten. Aand It's not cheap but it looked great on and I love it. Looks much better than the picture. But if I bought it and it bobbled I would be gutted.

link

What do you think?

wooooofudge Tue 08-Nov-16 22:10:11

If it bobbled you could use one of those defuzz combs on it. If you think you'll get the wear to justify the price and can afford it then get it. They despatch within 2 hours - that's pretty fast.

wooooofudge Tue 08-Nov-16 22:12:12

No - my mistake, you can choose a two hour delivery slot.

margaritasbythesea Tue 08-Nov-16 22:21:09

Never mind. They're just up the road from me!. I'm a bit worried about it not closing but I felt chic in it.

Thanks. Bobble comb. OK.

allthecoffeeplease Wed 09-Nov-16 13:53:45

nice coat!

margaritasbythesea Wed 09-Nov-16 14:49:25

Thanks. I went to get it today. I love it. I don't even care if it bobbles at the moment.

TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Wed 09-Nov-16 14:52:49

There's always people on her saying their knitwear doesn't pill. I teach Textiles science, all hair and wool fibres bobble. Worst offender in the bobbly stakes is polyester.

So. Yes, l fear it will pill. But you can defuzz it.

margaritasbythesea Wed 09-Nov-16 17:42:53

sad is the comb the best thing? Thanks for your reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now