Help! Baby girl hair - what do I do?

(13 Posts)
fourlegstwolegs Mon 07-Nov-16 20:30:35

I had a boy first so that was easy, just cut it!
However my daughter is now 9 months and her hair is growing fast but is still really fine - it's getting in her eyes but I don't want to cut a fringe. How can I keep it out of her eyes? It's too fine for a clip, the clip just falls out. What can I do?

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Mon 07-Nov-16 20:31:29

You cut a fringe.

GettingitwrongHauntingatnight Mon 07-Nov-16 20:32:23

Fringe until it can be clipped

Artandco Mon 07-Nov-16 20:32:47

Use some baby hair gel to keep the one side over out of her eyes until it grows and can be tucked behind ears?

One of these

www.trotters.co.uk/hair/styling-products#page=1&top=2082&

SnowBallsAreHere Mon 07-Nov-16 20:33:38

a) Use a teeny hairband and tie her hair up like a pineapple
b) As above but add an enormous fake flower
c) Cut a fringe

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 07-Nov-16 20:34:35

What snowballs said^

Flisspaps Mon 07-Nov-16 20:34:57

Cut a fringe. If it's acceptable to cut your DS's hair, why not your DD's? confused

Housewife2010 Mon 07-Nov-16 21:28:04

My daughter didn't have a fringe. I bought some tiny baby hair slides and used one to hold back her hair. I don't like the idea of gel.

KlingybunFistelvase Mon 07-Nov-16 21:38:04

DD had the same problem. I used little hair clips for ages and sometimes a little top knot using just the front bit of her hair if that makes sense. She tolerated either option for about 5 minutes before she pulled it all out. It took ages to do due to her bouncing about the place and we kept losing all the hair accessories due to her flinging them about, so I got fed up and cut a fringe. Wish I'd never bothered with the other stuff - it's a lot easier now and she can actually see! If your DD is more placid and / or likes having her hair up, it would work.

flowery Mon 07-Nov-16 21:41:47

What's wrong with a fringe?

I saw the most ridiculous thing the other day- a little girl about the same age as your DD, with a bow on top that was literally as big as her head. Please don't be that parent!

RedHouses Mon 07-Nov-16 21:47:11

My DD had long hair from a very young age. Those 'no snag' elastic hair bobbles are a godsend as they grip very well and are small enough to make it hard for them to pull out. They look a bit like loom bands if you know which ones I mean!

fourlegstwolegs Tue 08-Nov-16 08:32:51

Haha - I won't put a giant bow on her head!
There's nothing wrong with a fringe. I just don't think it suits her, that's all. But sounds like it might be the only solution for a while!

KlingybunFistelvase Tue 08-Nov-16 09:41:37

I resisted the fringe too as I just thought if I started then she'd have to have one forever or until she is old enough to understand growing out a fringe iyswim. Then I noticed some of the hair at the front was fringe length anyway (think she has a natural mullet grin), so i just cut one. My DD has poker straight hair and really suits the fringe (I think she looks gorgeous anyway, but I suppose I would)! I also cut her hair into a little bob at the back (to get rid of mullet). It's a lot less tangled and looks neat I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now