Talk

Advanced search

How to do cat's eye flicks with eyeliner

(9 Posts)
knowler Mon 07-Nov-16 16:19:31

Hello, I love the cat's eye flick look for eyeliner but have never managed to get it right on myself. ages ago, i read some instructions which said something about using the end of your eyebrow and your lash line as a guide (i.e putting dots in the right places and then just joining up with the liner). I can't find any similar info now.

does anyone have any tips?

LaundryQueenHatesIroning Mon 07-Nov-16 16:30:46

Do you have hooded eyelids by any chance? I always wondered how mine never looked quite right but then watching YouTube tutorials I learned I had hooded lids! There are lots of tutorials on there to help you determine your eye shape and the best way to do the liner.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 07-Nov-16 18:24:05

My tip is to use the eyeliners that are a bit like felt tips. I have a Benefit one and it's easier to use and stays put. You might find it easier to just dot in between each eyelash (tightlining) and then don't flick up too high at the edges for a more subtle look.

FoxesOnSocks Mon 07-Nov-16 18:27:19

Using a card (credit or library something like it) from the corner of your eye to the end of your brow works quite well

FoxesOnSocks Mon 07-Nov-16 18:31:13

Saying that I learnt with this one

youtu.be/fylB5yXczWo

It's quite long but it's worth it as it's 'life changing'

knowler Tue 08-Nov-16 12:44:53

Thanks all - I'll give the video a go.

yes, I think I do have slighly hooded eyelids, in that I have the type of eyelids that you can see when I have my eyes open... if that makes sense?! I think this makes a difference.

tabulahrasa Tue 08-Nov-16 14:48:17

My DD's been doing mine since she was 13...

Not that useful unless you want to borrow her? She's 16 now, I'm sure she'd travel.

Lonelynessie Tue 08-Nov-16 19:53:01

My tip is to 'pull' your closed eye a little 'outwards', and 'upwards' a tiny bit. It makes more a straight line, then when you let go and open your eye it's the perfect cat eye shape. Also make sure the line is slightly thicker in the middle of your eye and thin at the ends.

Sorry if that makes no sense grin

knowler Thu 17-Nov-16 23:06:36

So I watched the video, purchased a new kohl and liquid liner and gave it a crack this evening for a black tie do - result below!! This is after 4 hrs in a very hot room and I was rather pleased with the overall result! Will be practising lots now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now