Talk

Advanced search

black tie dress help please

(8 Posts)
SuperFlyHigh Mon 07-Nov-16 15:17:05

HELP!

got office black tie christmas do and party (black tie too but not same people) and need to get a dress for it.

I'm 5 ft 4.5, 11stone, 30G bust, small waist, long legs (but chunkyish thighs)

have just trawled:-

Coast
Phase 8
Mint Velvet
Uterque
Cos
&Otherstories
Top Shop
Warehouse
FCUK

etc and virtually nothing is screaming out at me that I like it!!!

thanks

bojorojo Mon 07-Nov-16 15:28:29

What sort of dress do you like? If you have looked at hundreds and you like nothing, what, in particular, do you want? Length, fabric, colour, neckline, sleeves, no sleeves, what? M and S, John Lewis and Boden are missing from your list. Lots of velvet about this year, Velvet Trouser suit?

SuperFlyHigh Mon 07-Nov-16 15:34:23

I don't mind about neckline and don't mind sleeves/no sleeves etc just floor length stuff can look silly on me.

which ones can i go for out of these??

www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-dresses?categories=234,40&viewby=Styles&sort=StaffFavourite&viewtype=large&page=1

SuperFlyHigh Mon 07-Nov-16 15:35:18

I love and have got some &os dresses but which out of these, confused now!

www.stories.com/gb/Ready-to-wear/Dresses

jennyblonde82 Mon 07-Nov-16 19:14:13

ASOS has some lovely stuff this time and (quite surprisingly) Hobbs. Might be worth a look x

bojorojo Mon 07-Nov-16 20:36:00

The Boden Gabriella dress is spot on for this year. The blue colour takes it away from predictable black and it is velvet! We found something!!!! Good news!

SuperFlyHigh Tue 08-Nov-16 10:05:52

bojorojo that Gabriella dress looks really really nice thanks!

SuperFlyHigh Tue 08-Nov-16 10:06:37

would you go for black or blue in it? am dark blonde with highlights and grey blue eyes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now