We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Make up brushes

(16 Posts)
123rd Mon 07-Nov-16 15:00:33

DD is getting interested in make up and she is really good at putting it on. I want to get her some nice, good quality brushes. Any ideas?? I don't wear make up at all so have no clue if fancy names such as MAC would be good for brushes...all seems £££ to me.

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Mon 07-Nov-16 18:20:00

My dd 12 loves real techniques, which are expensive but there are a few gift sets on superdrug online at the moment. She also uses their sponges which are £££ but again they have new sets on for Christmas.

Scoose Mon 07-Nov-16 18:32:16

I only use mac brushes tbh I really didn't like the real techniques ones but I don't think I would spend out ma prices for a teenager. I have heard good reviews on crown brushes and also morphe brushes

Hulababy Mon 07-Nov-16 18:49:19

DD and a lot of her friends have Real Techniques brushes.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 07-Nov-16 18:52:11

Real Techniques are fab!

ElspethFlashman Mon 07-Nov-16 18:53:51

Definitely real techniques as a starter set.

winchesterfan Mon 07-Nov-16 18:55:08

Real techniques are great and you can pick them up cheaply in txmaxx sometimes!

winchesterfan Mon 07-Nov-16 18:55:22

Tkmax

Softkitty2 Mon 07-Nov-16 19:41:32

Go online and look for zoeva-- its good quality.

123rd Mon 07-Nov-16 19:41:54

Excellent. Thanks. Never heard of that brand, so will go and have a hunt.

AmberNectarine Mon 07-Nov-16 20:00:08

Zoeva or Morphe.

Shelvesoutofbooks Mon 07-Nov-16 20:09:01

Zoeva and sigma are great, mac brushes are great for eyeshadow but pricey, RT are pretty good and cheap comparing to other high end ones. Eco tools is also an affordable brand, cheap and okay quality. Morphe are good but overrated and you can easy find dupes online. My recommendation would be to either order a zoeva brush set from selfridges or go to tk maxx and buy loads of them because they often have eyeshadow sets for £5 or £7
Depending on wether you have time and know what she needs your best bet would be to but individual brushes. If she's a beginner get her an eyeshadow brush set from RT (usually £15 I think), and rt Blending sponge (£5), superdrug's b range has a good blending brush (£7), a blush brush from eco tools and an RT powder brush. You can get all of these from Superdrug and are good for a beginners set. The base eyeshadow brush can also be used for concealer and the sponge is great for blending both foundation and the concealer, blush brush can be used for both contour and blush, powder brush for all over powder.

AmberNectarine Mon 07-Nov-16 20:20:00

Yeah the RT beauty blender thing is just as good as the real deal.

I have a mix of Bobbi Brown and Mac which are great but £££.

RT aren't bad at all for the money - you can often get them in TK Maxx. I have an eyeshadow brush I really rate from there.

Enjoyingtheattention Mon 07-Nov-16 20:27:54

Myself and dd use Zoeva brushes. I order them online (with free delivery) and they are fab..much cheaper than MAC brushes, they don't shed and are v good quality.

123rd Mon 07-Nov-16 20:39:43

Right. I shall have a wander thru our tkmaxx, it's a big naff / small though. If not I shall check out the RT or zoeva. Thanks again wouldn't have had a clue !

BusterGonad Tue 08-Nov-16 04:54:55

Real techniques. They are great and wash really well. I bought mine on offer, buy one get one half price, so I have the eyeshadow set and the face set for about £35. If you look after them they'll last for years. Wash with baby shampoo and condition, lay flat to dry and they're good to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now