Talk

Advanced search

Who would like to help me buy something please?

(7 Posts)
Goingtobeawesome Sun 06-Nov-16 14:23:33

I need a big warm cosy cardigan having realised all my cardigans are thin and useless for warmth.

I'm 44, 5' 5" and over weight.

I'd prefer to spend a maximum of £30 but would spend more if perfect.

I have no idea of fashion and wouldn't know where to start with what would make me look less like the matronly old woman I feel I dom sometimes. I dress for comfort and warmth and I'd like to actually look nice occasionly.

bilbodog Sun 06-Nov-16 15:10:34

Ive just bought a gorgeous, soft one from whitestuff, with fringing on but it was a bit more than £30. Can recommend it though.

BagelGoesWalking Sun 06-Nov-16 15:42:57

This was recommended on another thread and I'm so glad I bought it (got the navy and will prob get the grey as well) http://m.newlook.com/shop/womens/knitwear/pale-grey-cable-knit-carigan-_371815802?isRecent=true this cardigan is lovely, very warm and comfy. I would order one size larger than your usual, for extra arm width. Very snuggly and not expensive!

FledglingFTB Sun 06-Nov-16 15:46:42

I just picked one up at sainsburys actually, really cosy and I don't need to be overly precious

Goingtobeawesome Sun 06-Nov-16 15:56:01

Bagel, that is lovely. Is it quite loose around the neck? I can't wear polo necks or anything similar. I'd like a darker grey but I think I'll get the navy. Thank you.

BagelGoesWalking Sun 06-Nov-16 18:48:17

Not tight at all, imo. I would have preferred a darker grey which is why I've stuck with the blue for now.

got this jumper as well. Might get this too

So much more stuff on the website which I didn't see in their shops, even in bigger branches.

Goingtobeawesome Sun 06-Nov-16 19:08:42

That's great, thank you. Puppy allowing I'll go out tomorrow to get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now