Talk

Advanced search

OMG the state of my feet!!!

(9 Posts)
AutumnEve Sun 06-Nov-16 08:27:27

I totally neglect my feet and they are in such a state (very hard, gross fish-scale-textured skin shock). The other day I bought a pumice stone, soaked feet in warm water with a few drops of baby oil, scrub, moisturise, and they're feeling a bit better but it was a one-off effort and I doubt I will continue this on a regular basis. Two days later and hard skin is starting to form again.
How do you look after your feet? Should I exfoliate whenever I shower? Do people actually have pedicures??? Somehow I can't quite justify the cost.
My second-smallest toe has such a small nail, practically non-existent. Help!!!!!

DrE678 Sun 06-Nov-16 08:35:51

Footner! It's a miracle worker!

JustCallMeKate Sun 06-Nov-16 08:38:13

I use Footner every 3 months. It leaves you with beautifully soft feet BUT it's horrible when all the hard skin peels off. I use a foot spa weekly and have a little pedi power that I use for any hard skin. Boots do a deep moisturising foot cream that I find really good too.

twostepsister Sun 06-Nov-16 16:32:48

I treated me and my friend to a luxury pedicure at an Elemis Spa. That was 6 weeks ago and going to treat myself to another one in a few weeks time. Worth every penny and I just use a foot file a couple of times a week to keep on top of it.

Rastel38 Sun 06-Nov-16 19:37:33

My biggest break through was starting with a chiropodist. I used to have regular pedicures but they are nothing compared to a visit to the chiropodist. I go every 4-6 weeks and she just carves off all the hard skin blush. They are like brand new after and if I'm so inclined I book a file and polish soon after. She also recommends Flexitol daily although I'm a bit hit and miss with it.

CurtainsforRonnie Sun 06-Nov-16 19:42:28

Our local college has a beauty dept, pedicures are about £4 there.

bikerlou Sun 06-Nov-16 19:44:48

I'm a chiropodist. get yourself one of these to get rid of hard skin and do it once a week until it's under control:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001DZVEOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

£1.94 on amazon, then apply a small amount of flexitol everyday after a shower. It is the regular application of skin that will stop the hard skin coming back.

It's all about getting into a routine which is what you do (hopefully) with your face and makeup and your teeth.

bikerlou Sun 06-Nov-16 19:45:38

That should say application of cream haha.

IminaPickle Sun 06-Nov-16 19:46:46

£15 spa pedicure every month. It's my best self care treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now