So, Uniqlo...

(50 Posts)
Bejazzled Sat 05-Nov-16 16:43:32

I wish I'd found them sooner! I always assumed it was just sporty or thermal stuff but I just got (online order) some ankle length trousers for work along with a few lovely blouses and they are all great, nice fit and well made. Anyone else buy from there and recommend stuff?

cece Sat 05-Nov-16 16:47:34

I like their thin knit v neck sweaters. Plus I have got DS2 a winter coat from them this year.

SunnySomer Sat 05-Nov-16 16:52:19

Merino sweaters, cashmere sweaters, thermals for me and great quality t shirts for DC. Got DS a gilet this year which he rarely takes off. The bottom halves tend to be a bit small for me (I'm pear shaped which doesn't seem a v Japanese shape), but everything I've bought has been great quality.

Bejazzled Sat 05-Nov-16 17:07:29

Thanks both - as it happens I do need some nice knits so I'll have a look.

Re their bottoms - I think that's why I got on so well with the ankle lengths, they are flat front but have elastic in the back of the waistband (invisible when on thankfully) which meant they fit my shape. 🍎

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 05-Nov-16 19:38:54

Love their shirts, flannel are half price at the moment and they are thick and warm. <apologies for sounding like my mum> I have linen shirts I bought in the summer which are just lovely.

I also rate their merino sweater and cardigans, have a few colours

Lastly have loads of their airism and heattech tops.

BWatchWatcher Sat 05-Nov-16 22:27:52

Love their merino jumpers smile

joangray38 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:29:52

IOve the jumpers and summer dresses as they always have pockets!

CaitAgusMadra Sun 06-Nov-16 10:15:30

Have a couple of the high neck merino sweaters, nice slouchy fit to wear with skinny jeans and pencil skirts.

I also have 3 of their cardigan jackets which I love for work. Sadly they don't seem to be doing them anymore but they have a very similar looking jacket in a slightly longer length.

I also have a silk touch blouse which I like but sadly isn't wearing terribly well.

DH also has a few merino crew neck sweaters

I'll definitely try the ankle trousers next time I order. What is the length like on you?

Statelychangers Sun 06-Nov-16 10:38:27

I wear so much uniqlo it's ridiculous. Cashmere jumpers & scarves. Merino. Silk shirts and scarves. Gloves, heat tech tops, pj bottoms with pockets. Kids pjs.

Bejazzled Sun 06-Nov-16 10:47:50

How is their knitwear for bobbling? My pet hate

bingohandjob Sun 06-Nov-16 18:16:15

Love their Heattech layers for winter - the standard ones for under dresses etc and the extra warm ones for winter walks and trip to Berlin where they were a lifesaver. Airism bra tops/vests are fab - wore them as tops this summer on warm holiday. Great. Got their down parka, gilet and longer stretch down jacket - brilliant on their own in Autumn and the parka or gilet fit great as extra layer when it's really brass monkeys and pack down tiny and light. Bulk bought their supima long and short sleeve tees in navy, white and black - wash brilliantly, super comfy basics.

BWatchWatcher Sun 06-Nov-16 20:54:39

I find the merino washes well (I do delicates and wash with shampoo then airdry on a hanger) and doesn't shrink or bobble.
I bought a vest (airism?) and although soft it bobbled horribly.
Love the knitwear though.

DrScholl Sun 06-Nov-16 21:12:41

i have never had a shit thing from uniqlo

and all my sons love their menswear too

chanie44 Sun 06-Nov-16 21:20:08

I think about 80% of my wardrobe is uniqlo.

I love the jeans, as they do free alterations, in store.

Bejazzled Sun 06-Nov-16 21:21:51

Thanks for all the replies, good to hear before I buy 🙂

FunkinEll Sun 06-Nov-16 22:30:04

I love their coats (down and wool) and the jeans. Great quality, not too fussy, classic.

FannyWincham Mon 07-Nov-16 00:14:11

Love Uniqlo so much. It has wholly replaced Gap for basics in my wardrobe.

Kids' lightweight down jackets are fantastic. Properly warm without masses of bulk to get in their way.

myyoyo Mon 07-Nov-16 00:30:13

I buy loads from uniqlo for my teen ds's. I have a few things, but I find that the dresses are a bit on the short side. I Bought some of the Liberty shorts during Summer - they are my favourite purchase ever from uniqlo - and they were in the sale. smile

myyoyo Mon 07-Nov-16 00:33:34

I have 2 merino cardigans which I wear/wash all the time for work and they are fab - haven't faded or bobbled.

Riversiderunner Mon 07-Nov-16 07:29:03

Their cashmere is great

AteRiri Mon 07-Nov-16 07:33:34

Uniqlo is my ultimate favourite clothing store smile

guiltynetter Mon 07-Nov-16 07:38:17

I always hear people talking about uniqlo so just checked and they're only in London/down south! how frustrating.

Nicnac81 Mon 07-Nov-16 07:43:09

Hubby used to work for them... we are both hooked on their stuff 😆

Love their gilets!!

Bejazzled Mon 07-Nov-16 07:44:35

guilty. I use online ordering as I'm in Scotland. I wish there was a shop though.

Floisme Mon 07-Nov-16 08:08:34

To be honest, I'm a bit off them at the moment. I find the quality unpredictable and their cashmere practically felted before my eyes (despite scrupulous washing). Had better luck with merino wool though. I struggle with their colours too and often can't find any I like even when there's a big choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now