Post shopping trip - please shoot me

(2 Posts)
exhaustedhome Sat 05-Nov-16 15:34:49

On my way home from a few hours at oxford street. I am desperate for new clothes and am 40 soon so would have loved a new outfit.

Literally feel like shooting myself. I used to be so good at style and clothes, and appeared put together and a bit 'on trend'

Now I have no idea what suits me. Kept catching myself in the mirror - just look like a fat frumpy mess.

Suddenly things that I thought looked good now make me look dreadful. I used to have gorgeous hair that was thick and in a sort of shaggy beachy wave style. It just looks a mess and it seems to be thinning out and lank.

Not sure what I'm posting for really, just feeling grumpy that I always assumed I'd have a fabulous time turning 40, and actually I just want to go and live in a cave

budgetsbonus Sat 05-Nov-16 16:45:38

oh no, annoying! i feel a bit the same as you. i've got about 1/2 stone of extra timber on me which sits around my waist which proportionally was always a bit bigger to start with!

i know its clothes you're after but for me, at the moment im enjoying trying out new make up. could that make you feel better about yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now