Talk

Advanced search

Help urgent help required for curvy figure overhaul

(5 Posts)
Jammygal Sat 05-Nov-16 10:49:29

I'm off to Dubai in a few weeks for Christmas with my brother and his very glamorous wife. I have put on a few stone this year ( thyroid issues) and am feeling really fat , old and frumpy! I don't have any summery cool clothes that fit and have no idea where to buy them in the uk at this time of year.
Any help hugely appreciated!

Jammygal Sat 05-Nov-16 10:55:32

Forgot to say I am a 14/16 with huge norkage so smocks are my nemesis....I feel happier hiding behind dark colours..
...I am a 12 on the bottom but don't like skirts as they accentuate my spare tyre!

herecomesthsun Sat 05-Nov-16 11:06:52

st bustier outlet, try pepperberry esp sale and the Jaeger outlet. The sales pages of these may have summer stock from last season and at more reasonable prices. You can also send stuff back to these companies (unlike Ebay generally) though be careful with St. Bustier, they are very tight on the time they give you to return stuff.

DianaT1969 Sat 05-Nov-16 13:17:19

I would get some flat front wide leg linen trousers and long sleeve cotton v neckline tops, preferably with a bust knot or wrapover style. You could wear a cotton camisile under if they gape on the bust. Fitflops and a sunhat!
Don't forget a cup sized tankini from brands such as Fantasie, Freya or Pour Moi. No point buying a swimsuit as you are a different size on top. Lots of shops, such as M&S and Debenhams do a small range of holiday clothes all year round.
Have fun!

DianaT1969 Sat 05-Nov-16 13:17:53

*Meant camisole

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now