Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

White Shirts

(14 Posts)
NameSux Sat 05-Nov-16 00:36:54

New poster so possibly stupid question in the wrong place. If so let me know please.

How do you get make up stains out of the color of white shirts? I tried a high temp wash which didnt work then dabbed with amonia but the amonia seemed to spread it. I've an interview on Monday morning and it's the only shirt I have than matches my suit. Help plz

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 04:41:05

Not really sure, baking sofa? Sofa crystals? Have you googled it???

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 04:41:32

SODA not sofa!!!!

ZaraW Sat 05-Nov-16 04:43:05

Hydrogen Peroxide for foundation

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 04:47:10

This is the second time in 2 days that I've heard of hydrogen peroxide, does it remove urine stains from mattresses?

ZaraW Sat 05-Nov-16 05:16:40

I just Googled yes it is if you mix with washing up liquid and baking soda . Hydrogen Peroxide is also great for removing blood.

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 05:38:10

Thanks, I'm having serious urine issues on my child's mattress, yesterday I tried white vinegar and baking soda, didn't really work. Thanks. I will try to find the other stuff.

ZaraW Sat 05-Nov-16 06:13:20

Good luck it's a great stain remover just Google ratios to be used.

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 06:15:25

I have, I've got my shopping ready. I'm not sure where I'll find the peroxide though! I'm not in the U.K. So everything is a pain the ass!!!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 05-Nov-16 09:14:05

I've rubbed neat washing up liquid in & left it to soak in for 10 minutes. Then a hot wash in bio powder.

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 11:52:11

I've got the peroxide stuff! Tomorrow is the day that the urine stain will be gone to the depths of hell!!!!

NameSux Sat 05-Nov-16 14:22:44

Thanks for the suggestions. I had Googled and saw hydrogen peroxide then confused it with amonia cos I associate both with going blonde. So of course I bought the wrong one then panicked when it didn't work.

ridinghighinapril Sat 05-Nov-16 14:34:28

Yes, yes to neat washing up liquid - wet the stain, squirt best washing up liquid onto it and gently rub and bung it in a normal wash - works on blood, chocolate and red wine. Not sure whether it will work if the stain has been previously washed, IYSWIM.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 05-Nov-16 14:46:28

Rather than going out and buying cleaning products, I think I would just buy a new white shirt. You don't have to spend a lot and feeling smart will give you confidence in your interview.

Good luck, hope you get the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now