Talk

Advanced search

Nice shirt and/or jumper for new boyfriend? Where to shop??

(9 Posts)
KittyKatty123 Fri 04-Nov-16 21:11:33

He's in his 40s with shirt grey hair and brown eyes. I want to get him something really nice for Christmas but I'm really stuck, especially on shirts. He tends to wear a lot of polo shirts and I wanted to get him something a bit different. Any suggestions anyone?

Oly5 Sun 06-Nov-16 07:20:08

All Saints
Looks all funky online but if you go in store they have a good selection of neutrals, like black or grey shirts and merino jumpers.
Nice quality

HappinessLivesHere Sun 06-Nov-16 18:11:33

Tk Maxx? Lots of treasures to be found!

NicknameUsed Sun 06-Nov-16 18:13:17

Try and find out before you waste money on him if that is what he would really like. SIL used to keep buying clothes for OH for Christmas and birthday and I had to keep returning them because they were the wrong colour/size or he didn't like them.

Florathefern Sun 06-Nov-16 18:48:21

When I first starting going out with DH, I got him a Thomas Pink shirt. I buy from M&S Autograph now though smile

My BIL lives in tshirts. For some reason my sister insists on buying him classic shirts and then complains he doesn't wear them. If your DP always wears polo shirts, it is probably because he prefers them. You might be better sticking with them but in your choice of colours? Any of the big brands TH or RL will have them.

He might like long sleeved rugby style tops too as a winter alternative to polo shirts.

PNGirl Sun 06-Nov-16 18:52:25

My husband loves Ted Baker collared polo tops.

ivykaty44 Sun 06-Nov-16 19:10:38

Gant shirts are decent quality and if you can get them in the sale a good price

spicyfajitas Sun 06-Nov-16 19:17:05

Fatface do nice, casual shirts

KittyKatty123 Sun 06-Nov-16 19:47:15

Thank you everybody!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now