Black tie work event at 32 weeks pregnant. Help!

(13 Posts)
soundsystem Fri 04-Nov-16 16:14:46

As the title says, I've got a posh event to go to when I'll be 32 weeks pregnant. There's nothing I currently own that's even remotely suitable. Can anyone point me in the direction of shops that might have something, or even specific outfits?

Realistically I'll probably only wear it once so don't want to spend a fortune, however I do want to look polished and not cheap! (I'm new in my role and will be meeting some very senior people for the first time at this event, so want to make a good impression. I also really dread this type of event so will be more comfortable if I don't have to worry about how I look).

I'm early 30s, 5'7 and a size 12.

Grateful for any advice!

Goosegettingfat Fri 04-Nov-16 16:21:56

I had to go to a wedding when I was 30 odd weeks... I got a v simple black jersey v neck dress from Asos maternity... it was 30 quid ish... then I accessoried it lots- beautiful bright heels, big jewelry. I was v happy with the result.

StarBurger Fri 04-Nov-16 16:22:32

Check out eveningwear001 on eBay. They are cheap and cheerful quality not too bad. Some of the dresses have elasticated backs

Artandco Fri 04-Nov-16 16:22:52

Seraphine

CMOTDibbler Fri 04-Nov-16 16:25:05

ASOS have some lovely dresses. Were you thinking of fitted or flowing? And do you know how dressy a black tie event it is?

soundsystem Fri 04-Nov-16 16:35:14

Thanks for all the suggestions.

It's an awards dinner so I think it will be very dressy. I naturally tend towards scruffy casual so I'd rather err on the side of slightly overdressed than under-dressed!

InTheDessert Fri 04-Nov-16 16:35:46

brown r silver cocktail dress
lace, but only in 10-12 or 12-14
full length

soundsystem Fri 04-Nov-16 16:36:31

I'd probably tend towards flowing rather than fitted as don't particularly want to accentuate how massively pregnant I am, but open to either so will have a look on asos, thanks

soundsystem Fri 04-Nov-16 16:39:31

Ooh, I love this one:

m.asos.com/asos-maternity/asos-maternity-velvet-one-shoulder-ruffle-midi-dress/prd/7146205?iid=7146205&clr=Black&cid=8343&pgesize=204&pge=0&totalstyles=517&gridsize=2&gridrow=3&gridcolumn=2

Any thoughts? (I'm a Winter, apparently, so black works for me).

soundsystem Fri 04-Nov-16 16:41:06

Thanks InTheDessert that's lovely as well.

CMOTDibbler Fri 04-Nov-16 17:08:16

I like that velvet one, and the midi length won't be an issue if other women are wearing short (dh's industry awards things don't involve full length), but the one shoulder is a bit more special. Hair up and fake diamonds and you'll look totally classy

Pantsalive Fri 04-Nov-16 17:32:20

One of my friends had this for a similar occasion. She looked fabulous.

soundsystem Fri 04-Nov-16 17:47:04

Pantsalive that looks phenomenonally comfortable!

Think I'll order both that and velvet one from Asos and see how they look.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now