Wearing a jumpsuit and keeping warm in winter

(11 Posts)
ZebedeesJeans Fri 04-Nov-16 15:29:35

I love this[[http://m.laredoute.co.uk/ppdp/prod-350020649?docid=221816#headerSearchContainer&facets=colourfamily*vert ]] jumpsuit and have ordered it, but now I'm worrying how to wear it as I'm a jumpsuit virgin. I have a few events coming up that I would consider wearing it for - Christmas meals out, friends birthday, a christening.

But what can I wear with it to avoid freezing to death in the cold weather? Would you wear a long sleeved t-shirt underneath, or a cardigan or jacket over the top? Or do I just accept that bare arms and winter don't mix, and save it for summer?

Thanks

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Fri 04-Nov-16 15:34:29

I like that but I know what you mean. Cool and sexy on it's own, add a long card I and it's instantly frumpy!
If you find something short that cuts off at the waist, that would work as you keep the shape. A short fitted jacket or cropped cardi would work.

Pantsalive Fri 04-Nov-16 17:44:43

I have a cardigan a bit like this shock is really useful for this sort of thing.

Pantsalive Fri 04-Nov-16 17:46:27

I also have a black chiffon shirt whic sometimes works well under things and make a surprising difference in keeping warm.

BusterGonad Fri 04-Nov-16 17:57:41

What about a fine knit roll neck in a contrasting colour with a faux fur coat for a 60's feel?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Fri 04-Nov-16 19:37:27

I like that idea, Buster, a fitted roll neck would look really funky and even one of those floppy 60's hats if you can carry it off.

BusterGonad Fri 04-Nov-16 19:41:17

Thank you Ilostit, I love a dress with a roll neck so what the hell, I'd chuck one under a playsuit too!

ZebedeesJeans Fri 04-Nov-16 20:19:29

I have a tshirt with chiffon-y sleeves that I wear under shift dresses, I'd forgotten all about that. And I think the roll neck is a great call - I'm obsessed with hats and would love to try that whole look out, but not my village pub is quite ready for that ...!

Thanks for the ideas - fingers crossed it fits when it arrives

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 04:27:08

Lol. I'd wear it to my village pub, but I just don't care! grin

herecomesthsun Sat 05-Nov-16 04:36:23

I have this which is good for an overlayer that is still fitted

BusterGonad Sat 05-Nov-16 04:48:50

That is nice herecomes, really nice for the Christmas season.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now