Talk

Advanced search

What underwear would you recommend with this dress?

(10 Posts)
NeonPinkNails Thu 03-Nov-16 19:34:16

Background info - I'm a size 14-16, not very tall and pretty booby. I managed to get this dress in the sale back in the summer (the green one) and I'm hoping to wear it for our work Xmas party.

I really love it and it is pretty flattering (I think) but my waist and tummy are not as flat and firm as I'd like and from the side that's quite noticeable. I'll be doing what I can to lose a few pounds in the next month but realistically my lardy bits are not going to disappear.

Would some kind of shape wear be a good idea? I struggle with this as I usually find it really uncomfortable and often noticeable through clothes plus anything for bigger boobs costs £££. But I think the dress needs a more structured silhouette than mine! WWYD?

BusterGonad Fri 04-Nov-16 10:31:48

I'm guessing your bra straps are hidden? If so I'd wear your best bra with a Spanx type of thing that looks like cycling shorts with straps that come down your leg and meet your bra. That way all lumps are concealed and you have a super smooth line.

NeonPinkNails Fri 04-Nov-16 10:37:20

Yes luckily straps are one thing I don't have to worry about! I quite like the look of those cycle short ones - well they're not exactly sexy but they look like they'd do the job!

Bluntness100 Fri 04-Nov-16 10:39:53

I just ordered Spanx like cycling shorts, should come today, but I noticed they do them on a version that hooks over your shoulders, and come up to under your bust, I think that would work.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 04-Nov-16 10:52:22

i'd go with a heavyweight hold it in and stop it blobbling about slip

I have found decentish ones in primark or tkmaxx for not too much money, some of them you can wear your own bra, but for a smoother line I'd try for a bra slip affair.

Probably need a bra with this from M&S

I always fear being run down in vile underwear, so I'd sooner not go for the industrial cycling shorts option...those hook over the shoulders ones sound horrendous!

Tartle Fri 04-Nov-16 11:37:46

Once I invested in Spanx i wont go back to other, inferior instruments of torture control pants.

They are actually quite comfy once you get them on, just try not to drink too many long drinks!

TK Maxx often have them for a good price. I got some cycling shorts style ones there last week for £7.99. Just make sure you get the ones that come up to your boobs.

BusterGonad Fri 04-Nov-16 11:44:31

That's the ones I mean Blunt.

Notreallyhappy Fri 04-Nov-16 14:33:41

Them m&s slips are buggers to get on & off. Try spanx fat pants first.

ilovecherries Fri 04-Nov-16 15:47:51

I find the problem with the shorts with shoulder straps is that they squash my boobs at the side, and give me a very odd shape. I tend just to use high waist shorts.

NeonPinkNails Fri 04-Nov-16 17:30:08

I came across this and as it was such a good price I've ordered it, if it fits and does the job then I'll be very pleased but otherwise I'll seek out some Spanx or shorts (probably without shoulder straps - you can take unsexiness too far!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now