Talk

Advanced search

Jewellery box

(6 Posts)
MrsMarigold Thu 03-Nov-16 15:14:43

I'm very lucky to have some gorgeous jewellery, but only have a rather a ncient and battered cardboard jewellery box. I would love a Smythson one but sadly they are very expensive, what do you lovely MNers use and can you post a few recommendations, it must be wuite big to accommodate all my stuff.

RustyBear Thu 03-Nov-16 15:29:44

I have Stackers, which I get from John Lewis, though there's a wider selection online

stackers.com/jewellery-boxes/classic.html

I have a lidded section on top, then a 25 compartment layer, then two deep ones - one of these has two trays from my previous box, which was from MUJI - they just fit nicely on top of each other inside the deep layer.

MrsMarigold Thu 03-Nov-16 16:51:44

Thanks RustyBear

ilovecherries Thu 03-Nov-16 17:23:21

I use stackers as well, and I wear my jewellery a lot more dunce I got them. Before I was using an ancient jewellery box, which wasn't really big enough, so things got left in their original boxes, never to see the light of day again. I took everything out, got stuff cleaned/repaired/resized/reset as necessary, and arranged them all in stackers. Everything looks lovely and it gets used now. (Realise I've made it found as if I have a domestic version of the crown jewels! I don't, but I have a range of silver stuf, lots of mostly nice earrings - MIL bought me a pair every year for 25 years - and some antique rings. Nothing hugely expensive, but stuff I like and it makes me happy to use).

mowglik Thu 03-Nov-16 17:41:49

I have the grand luxe aspinal jewellery box in brown

Two tiered, locks and has lots of useful compartments and lovely feel and smell to it. I think smythsons are a fair bit more expensive so this may be a good second choice?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 03-Nov-16 17:51:10

I have mine in a safe- jewellery boxes too easy to target and lift for burglars and I used to work in insurance so have ended up paranoid.

I have a chain roll for necklaces and bracelets and an earring pad/ring pad. They weren't dear and don't look all that swish but its very functional/anti tarnish and fits in the safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now