Talk

Advanced search

Old clubber - help!

(5 Posts)
MrsRobinson79 Thu 03-Nov-16 14:34:22

Going proper clubbing for the first time in years... Age 38. Eek. Think it will be an older crowd fingers crossed. Ideas of what to wear most welcome! Think disco - joceyn brown/ horse meat disco etc. Was thinking skinny black jeans and some kind of sparkly top or is that too mum on a night out??

Tia!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 03-Nov-16 14:51:49

Hello from a fellow old clubber smile. I would suggest not wearing jeans, just because it gets so blooming hot in clubs. If you like the skinny leg trouser look, what about some coated black leggings or tight cigarette trousers. For the top half, a sparkly top is ok or what about a long line silky camisole, jazz things up with some chunky jewellery and some bright coloured heels. A lot of the young ones wear dresses so that's an option.

If you're planning to dance for hours like any respectable clubber should then consider either taking some of those folding bendy flats in your bag, or be prepared to not be able to walk the next day grin.

Also don't take a big bag, a small cross body bag or clutch is better if you want to be jumping around.
Hope you have a great time.

MrsRobinson79 Thu 10-Nov-16 19:57:12

Thanks - hopefully have a couple of hours free tomorrow to try and find something suitable. I certainly do plan to be dancing all night 😁💃 so will take some flats too thanks for the advice!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 10-Nov-16 22:29:51

Oh dear, Mrs Robinson have you still not found something to wear? grin Good luck with your shopping tomorrow.
I'm sure you'll have a great night whatever you wear. smile
Sorry I didn't give you any clicky links to actual clothes (!)I'm useless at getting them to work.

MrsRobinson79 Fri 11-Nov-16 07:40:14

No unfortunately not. I've ordered a load of -totally inappropriate things online but clearly still thought I was in my twenties so it's all going back! Hopefully will have more luck in a shop x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now