Boots or Shoes with party dress - help please !

(3 Posts)
BreakfastAtStephanies Thu 03-Nov-16 12:44:15

I bought a dress for the work Christmas party today. It is black with very faint tiny sparkles in the fabric, and has a gathered high neckline and is drapey at the tops of the arms. There are sort of batwing short sleeves with a fitted lining cami-type top beneath. The dress becomes more body-con on the lower half. It is short, above the knee. I don't wear short dresses or skirts at any other time ( never in daylight ).

I am in my late forties and still have good legs and bum. I would like to wear black opaque tights and definitely heels. Should the heels be shoes or knee-high boots ? Last year the party was at the same venue; I wore boots and noticed I was the only person wearing them. Everyone else was wearing shoes. There will be dancing ! What do you think ?

LemonBreeland Thu 03-Nov-16 14:09:06

I think with a party dress it needs to be shoes. Boots just look too clunky, even slim boots with stiletto heels don't look the best.

BreakfastAtStephanies Thu 03-Nov-16 17:13:14

Thanks Lemon- will wear shoes this year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now