Talk

Advanced search

Chanel fragrance but not Chanel prices

(13 Posts)
daftwit Wed 02-Nov-16 19:42:25

I usually wear Chanel Allure which I love , but my bottle is now empty sad can anyone recommend a much cheaper fragrance that smells like any of the Chanel fragrances please ?

Softkitty2 Wed 02-Nov-16 19:53:26

Try MK wanderlust

TheTroutofNoCraic Wed 02-Nov-16 19:55:19

Fragonard (or monotheme, not sure which) which is about £20 in M&S...the Rose Oud smells kind of like Coco...similar heady, deep kind of smell

unicornsarenotjustforchristmas Wed 02-Nov-16 19:55:50

Apparently next nude smells like coco mademoinselle but I haven't personally tried it. Was just a recommendation. Also there's a Lidl one that smells the same.

If it helps, the fragrance shop regularly do a "happy hour" where everything has 20% off. I've just stocked up my Chanel perfume this weekend

OCSockOrphanage Wed 02-Nov-16 19:56:56

Years ago, in the US, a scent called Quartz by Molyneux, was a very good flanker for Chanel Christalle. This was a long time ago, and much water has passed under bridges since then, but it was excellent then. This may not be helpful.

FuckThatToOneSide Wed 02-Nov-16 20:23:28

Not what you're looking for, but Lidl do a perfume which smells a lot like coco mademoiselle, which used to be one of my favourite perfumes. I can't remember the name of it but I had some a while ago. I honestly couldn't have told the difference between it and Chanel and I must have had about five bottles of the Chanel over the years.

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 02-Nov-16 20:23:52

The Fragrance Shop has 20% off until 9pm tonight.

CrossfireHurricane Wed 02-Nov-16 20:29:45

Madame Glamour the coco chanel copy?

Jules8432 Wed 02-Nov-16 20:33:32

Defo recommend next nude! My posh friends always guess it as Chanel Then are gob smacked when I reveal its next 🙊😁 x

TheHiphopopotamus Wed 02-Nov-16 20:34:35

Have you tried Perfume Parlour online? They do very good smell a like fragrances, bottles are plain but the ones i've got from there smell very similar. £8 for 30ml. They don't last as long as the real thing though.

Aderyn2016 Wed 02-Nov-16 20:39:47

There is a lidl one called Suddenly Woman 1, which costs a whole £1.46! Dd was spraying a tester a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised by how Chanel like it was. And having recently discovered how noce Next perfumes are, I feel a bit of a mug for splashing out on proper Chanel for all these years! Obviously, there is a difference in quality but for someone like me, who has no real nose for all the different layers, these cheaper ones smell really nice.

NellVarnish Wed 02-Nov-16 20:53:00

unicorns - thanks for the tip off for The Fragrance Shop! I've just bought some Chanel for a present and some for me too. grin

daftwit Thu 03-Nov-16 10:13:30

Thank you for all your replies. Planning a trip to lidl & Next tomorrow , will keep you posted !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now