Talk

Advanced search

is there a hair curling brush?

(17 Posts)
poppym12 Wed 02-Nov-16 17:48:22

I keep seeing hair straightening brushes mentioned and they seem good but is there a similar thing for giving hair body/wave that isn't a curling iron? My chin length hair is thinning (age related) and it does look a bit better when I blow dry it but that's not always possible (health problems) so is there a wonder product that will give me lovely bouncy hair with little effort, and without frazzling it?

LuckySantangelo1 Wed 02-Nov-16 17:51:49

Yep you want a Babyliss Big Hair. It's a rotating hot brush which smoothes, gives volume and waves if hair is long enough.

poppym12 Wed 02-Nov-16 17:57:05

It's not very long lucky, about chin length. Does that brush rotate as it dries? I think my hair is too short for that.

didldidi Wed 02-Nov-16 17:59:17

They do a smaller barrel one now - I bought one for my chin length bob and it works well

poppym12 Wed 02-Nov-16 19:12:32

Do you use it to dry your hair with or when it's dry?

CheeryPoinsettia Wed 02-Nov-16 19:16:47

I'm looking for one for myself and in superdrug today I saw a slim barrelled brush (for tight curls it said but short hair as well I suppose) own brand I think, it was next to the babyliss one I'm coveting.smile

poppym12 Wed 02-Nov-16 19:42:15

Ooohhh how much cheery? Is your hair very short?

MadgeMak Wed 02-Nov-16 20:04:56

I have chin length hair and use the babyliss big curl. It's amazing, my hair looks like it's been professionally blow dried. I rough dry my hair with a normal hairdryer first and when it's about 90% dry I use the bug curl on it in sections. Can highly recommend.

poppym12 Wed 02-Nov-16 20:26:57

Is a big curl different to a big hair?

MadgeMak Thu 03-Nov-16 07:48:05

Sorry no, I meant big hair.

poppym12 Thu 03-Nov-16 08:46:56

I've ordered a big hair dual (both sizes of brush). 20% off at argos at the moment.

Is there any way to refresh a blow-dry without wetting hair or using dry shampoo? I don't wash my hair every day now but is there any way I can use this brush thingy on dry hair to put volume back in?

MadgeMak Thu 03-Nov-16 11:18:44

I only wash my hair every other day and it works fine on dry hair to refresh.

poppym12 Thu 03-Nov-16 16:48:32

I tried it earlier. Very umipressed. It just seemed to create masses of static and I ended up looking like a baby alpaca hmm

What styling products do you all use with it?

poppym12 Thu 03-Nov-16 17:32:20

*unimpressed

MadgeMak Fri 04-Nov-16 09:48:51

I've found it makes my hair smoother. Have a look on you tube for some tutorials as it can take a bit of practice to get the technique right. As for products, I just use mousse when hair is wet and find I don't need anything after that.

poppym12 Fri 04-Nov-16 17:51:34

I take it back! !! I have big bouncy hair grin. The thing is a bit cumbersome and heavy but it does a good job. I found that using the cool shot made it static-y and naff. Hopefully it will stay looking relatively ok for a day or 2.

Thanks for the recommendation wine

LuckySantangelo1 Fri 04-Nov-16 19:19:28

Glad you are pleased with it. With practice it will seem effortless to use. I can get mine done with my toddler climbing up my legs grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now