Talk

Advanced search

Joules Harbour tops - how to wear them? *LONG POST!*

(1 Post)
CoffeeMilkNoSugar Wed 02-Nov-16 08:14:35

Warning - this is a long post. I really like to waffle on, whether it's needed or not shock

I am a 22 year old mum with a tricky body shape. I'm average height, around the 5ft4 mark.
Small feet, slim ankles, thunder thighs, massive hips, relatively narrow waist, big norks, broad shoulders. Oh, and I'm not slim at all, quite chubby actually, but shapely-ish (my belly is fat, but thankfully still a bit smaller than my breasts - god knows how long this will last because I've started baking recently...)

I've never had a sense of style really. I was never too bothered about the clothes I wore, but enjoyed naice makeup and naice perfume to make up for it.

Now I'm a little bit older and a little bit more concerned with my appearance. I don't want to be a frumpy mum, but I know I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing the 'trendy' stuff. Right now I am a SAHM and ds is 2 years old, so of course I do a lot of running around, cleaning, cooking. I couldn't imagine doing it in high heels and clothes that aren't comfy.

Recently I discovered Joules Harbour tops and went head over heels for them. smile I like the substantial cotton and the floral prints. I pick the non-bling ones though, no bling during daytime!
And wondering if you'd have any idea how to accessorise them. I tend to wear them with stretchy skinny jeggings (comfort...) + ballet flats or chelsea boots, an oversized cardi and a scarf. I probably still look frumpy as I have no taste whatsoever, and hoping that the Wise Women of Mumsnet will help me become just a little bit more stylish. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now