Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Winter is officially here

(7 Posts)
JaceLancs Tue 01-Nov-16 22:43:03

Spent the afternoon swapping all my summer clothes for winter stuff as I have limited wardrobe space I have to pack away in bags in my attic
Found my favourite grey cashmere scarf sadly the matching gloves have developed a hole
I've sorted a few things to sell on eBay for Christmas fund, and taken other things to charity shop
All I need now is to lose a bit of weight to make a few garments more flattering (just started slimming world)
Really looking forward to wearing some of my old favourites, although some of the knitwear needs a de bobbling session
What are you all looking forward to wearing this winter?

keeponkeepinon Tue 01-Nov-16 23:22:56

I love it when autumn kicks in an I can layer shirts and jumpers, wear big scarves and black tights. I get my legs out far more in winter than summer!

JaceLancs Wed 02-Nov-16 00:41:21

Oooooh yes - I love thick tights with tube skirts or sweater dresses and boots
I kid myself that as well as being warm and comfy I also look stylish - I manage it sometimes, and will hopefully feel more so if I lose a few pounds

OhFuckOff Wed 02-Nov-16 07:30:16

I was really sad to see the end of summer (I'm 5 stone down since January so this was the first summer in yearsI've enjoyed wearing lovely size 8-10 dresses). But I'm starting to love this the cold weather. Thick tights, cord skirts, chunky cardigans. I get excited every morning when I decide what to wear grin

BagelGoesWalking Wed 02-Nov-16 09:27:28

5 stone is an amazing achievement! Well done grin

Ladyformation Wed 02-Nov-16 09:30:38

Well done OhFuckOff, that's amazing.

For me autumn is all about scarves. Will be wearing a scarf all day every day from now until May grin

JaceLancs Wed 02-Nov-16 13:04:16

Well done on your weight loss that's fantastic!
I suspect mine will take a lot longer though
I love a scarf to brighten my monochrome look - just ordered a new dip dye one from eBay in navy shading through to grey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now