Talk

Advanced search

Mahabis slippers

(14 Posts)
usernoidea Tue 01-Nov-16 15:49:11

Does anyone own a pair of these...? Are they worth the money?

CremeBrulee Tue 01-Nov-16 15:56:47

Yes I have a pair & my teen DD has a pair too. They are good quality, comfy & hard wearing. They have a detachable outer sole that can be put in the washing machine too.

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 01-Nov-16 15:58:26

I so, so want these, but not sure I can justify the price.

WhatHaveIFound Tue 01-Nov-16 16:02:21

I know three people who got some of the first pairs to be sold and all of them have returned them for their money back. One pair had fallen apart within a month.

I don't know if the new pairs are any more hard-wearing but i won't be wasting my money on them. Will stick to my Camper slippers instead!

LaundryQueenHatesIroning Tue 01-Nov-16 16:02:32

I've got some. They are very comfy and well made but imo they don't look very good on, they make my feet look big and awkward (I'm only a size 5)

usernoidea Tue 01-Nov-16 16:03:27

Same! I think you get 10% off if you sign up to their newsletter but still they're pricey!
What's their sizing like....anyone who has got a pair ? X

LaundryQueenHatesIroning Tue 01-Nov-16 16:11:24

If I remember correctly I think the website advises getting half a size bigger than your actual size. So I got 5.5 I think. They look like massive ungainly boats on my feet though!

CremeBrulee Tue 01-Nov-16 16:16:01

They do come up a bit small - I bought DH a pair last Xmas but had to return for a refund as their largest is size 12 but this was far too small. He is an 11 shoe size.

HappyHeart87 Tue 01-Nov-16 16:18:43

DH got a true-to-size pair about 10 months ago and loves them.

ijustdonotknow Tue 01-Nov-16 16:37:27

I'm biased but I prefer my Joe's Toes felt slippers. They come ready made at about the same price or in kits which are cheaper and you can pick the colours you like. They have suede and rubber soles options.

trixymalixy Tue 01-Nov-16 16:53:06

I absolutely love mine. I bought my normal size and they fit fine.

the price seems to have gone up quite a lot since I bought mine though. not sure I'll be buying another pair once mine wear out.

CremeBrulee Tue 01-Nov-16 17:30:37

They do come up a bit small - I bought DH a pair last Xmas but had to return for a refund as their largest is size 12 but this was far too small. He is an 11 shoe size.

shopafrolic Tue 01-Nov-16 18:06:46

I bought some of these when they first came out. I found that the coloured sole kept popping off - particularly when I knelt down (and my feet were bent). The popper itself that holds the sole on was also not that great. I did feedback to them at the time. Not sure if they've made changes since then. I did like the style of them though.

thisgirlrides Tue 01-Nov-16 18:22:21

I hated mine! Every time I knelt down (childminder so multiple nappy changes, playing on floor etc) the sole would pop off. Eventually I stopped using the hard sole and within a few months the skipper was worn & bobbly before a hole appeared in the toe. I've reverted to Ugg slippers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now