Talk

Advanced search

If your DP is skinny but stylish...

(23 Posts)
Ineedmorelemonpledge Tue 01-Nov-16 12:09:53

Where does he buy denim from?

DP is easy to please for gifting and has asked for a couple of pairs of jeans for Christmas.

I don't live in the U.K. But will be back over to shop in a few weeks.

Any tips on style and brands? He's 40 and doesn't like stylised tears or worn denim.

Should I go with the classic Levi? confused

Mamia15 Tue 01-Nov-16 12:29:11

Try Top Man

Twolittlejobbys Tue 01-Nov-16 12:34:48

I always fine burtons have a good range as my son is the same! Likes traditional rather than skinny/ripped/worn out jeans

JamieLannistersFuckButler Tue 01-Nov-16 12:48:14

I expect you want quality branded jeans; but if you're near a Sainsbury's, perhaps you could throw in a bargain 3rd pair.

My skinny 46 year old man bought some recently, great quality for the price.

tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/c/Men/Men_Jeans?INITD=GNav-Men-Jeans

ItGoesWithoutSaying Tue 01-Nov-16 13:10:20

Would also say Top Man or Urban Outfitters. Various styles, mostly skinny cuts. DH is slim, fussy about his jeans, and gets his from there.

Will your DH be able to try them on? I think either sex buying jeans without trying is asking for trouble.

nancy75 Tue 01-Nov-16 13:13:54

Dp is skinny & fussy - I would suggest top man, cheap monday, gap or urban outfitters. Dp only wears slim/skinny fit jeans

Ineedmorelemonpledge Tue 01-Nov-16 13:55:58

Thanks for the replies. And three votes for Top Man. I had completely forgotten about it!! Great suggestion.

Yes it is a nightmare that he can't try them on, as he isn't coming with me, I'm actually thinking with Top Man that I could order a few pairs online and get them delivered here, then he can try on a few pairs and I can bring the ones he doesn't like back when I come over instead.

I need to wait till he comes over and goes to sleep tonight to measure the waist and leg. He doesn't even know his waist measurement, he checks the size by wrapping around his neck. (I know, I know hmm)

Maybe its not such an easy Christmas as I first thought grin

Ineedmorelemonpledge Tue 01-Nov-16 14:02:30

Jamie those black wash Tu jeans are great actually, and fine for dog walking, work etc

He's not so stylish - his jeans - god his bloody mum bought the last pairs he has, but I'd like to get him a nice pair. He just wears things people buy him, because he has his daughter every weekend, works late most evenings, he then thinks clothes shopping is a time wasting exercise. His mum buys things out of frustration I think, when he goes back home every year in the same fraying clothes. But he's to young to be in the kind of clothes he gets, and it's a waste of a very good body !!!! wink

I bought him some bits from Zara for his birthday and some were quite fashion forward but he loved them, and looks great in them. So I'll try and bump him forward a bit.

PNGirl Tue 01-Nov-16 14:18:37

Most of mine's are Levis (he goes to the US for work a lot, or we get them in the outlet stores at McArthur Glen type places. mandmdirect.com also do them cheaply. Easy peasy as he's a 31/32 or a 32/32 and they always fit.

carrie74 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:20:59

Mine wears Boden as he's very tall and struggles to find jeans long enough.

VikingMuchToAllOurLiking Tue 01-Nov-16 20:31:01

Levi's or All Saints, for mine.

YouWereRight Tue 01-Nov-16 20:34:58

Dp likes h&m and gap skinny fit jeans. They don't look skinny, just not flapping around his twig like legs.

Gulsink Tue 01-Nov-16 20:42:26

Uniqlo.

Kittykatmacbill Tue 01-Nov-16 21:01:11

Mine does Levi or rapha (cycling brand).

PippaRose Tue 01-Nov-16 22:21:12

My slim husband likes Nudie jeans, they have nice slim ones

icanteven Tue 01-Nov-16 22:28:08

Nudie or Topman. Sometimes Jack Wills (they seem to change their jeans quality every year).

AgathaMystery Tue 01-Nov-16 23:15:44

Kitty we have the same husband hmm
Expensive sods aren't they?!

AgathaMystery Tue 01-Nov-16 23:18:53

Also is he tall or has he got long legs or both? My DH is both (inside leg 36" & is 6'2") & swears by Levi's - also Primark coloured jeans occasionally fit. Their QC is so awful that there is often a few extra inches on some trousers!!

Bubbinsmakesthree Wed 02-Nov-16 08:18:49

How stylish are we talking here? My DH would turn his nose up at top man or gap. Although he'd never trust me wth buying his jeans!

mayhew Wed 02-Nov-16 08:20:47

Uniqlo is fave with us. Also their tops.

fauxhito Wed 02-Nov-16 10:55:13

diesel

Ineedmorelemonpledge Wed 02-Nov-16 12:26:21

He is over 6ft Agatha good point.

The Topman ones I looked at were perfect. I'll be measuring him this weekend and ordering some to try.

But I'll definitely look in Uniqlo, Levi's etc when I come over.

Thanks for all the lovely suggestions. brew

beardedladydragon Wed 02-Nov-16 16:46:54

Gstar are good. We go to the McArthur Glen outlet for things like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now