Talk

Advanced search

Desperate. Black, heeled, COMFORTABLE shoes for work - do all those things exist in one shoe?

(20 Posts)
SaltySeaBird Sun 30-Oct-16 22:20:02

Where do you all buy work shoes from? I need some smart, black, heeled shoes. I wear tights this time of year (often opaque black ones) so open toe is out.

I'm short and seem to work with really tall people so need a heel, preferably high. Only I can't walk in heels so normally go for something with a platform or wedge. Plus I need comfort. I brought some shoes that were actually recommended on here and they have literally eaten my feet.

Any ideas? I don't even know where to look. I'm a 6.5 or 7.

agapanthii Sun 30-Oct-16 22:37:42

I recommend Gabor shoes, really very comfortable. You can get them in John Lewis. Some of the styles are a bit oldie, but some aren't. Link here

moretea Sun 30-Oct-16 23:11:27

I'd second Gabor. I have some of their shoe boots with a heel for work and their very comfortable even though I don't usually do heels.

PurpleNurple69 Mon 31-Oct-16 07:54:27

I'm a fan of Clarks! I've had some really stylish numbers from there and they're super comfy. Whatever brand you go for, you want a small platform - just 1cm. It makes a huge difference!

Chaby Mon 31-Oct-16 08:01:52

Clarks or M&S ( insolia technology, really comfy)

Nksw Mon 31-Oct-16 08:02:28

LK Bennett. They last and are bloody comfortable once broken in.

ComputerDog Mon 31-Oct-16 08:03:38

M and S tend to be good for work shoes.

PinkSwimGoggles Mon 31-Oct-16 08:03:56

I have a pair of ecco heels.
but second gabor, worth the money.
get a shoe tree as well to keep them nice.

TequilaBlockingBird Mon 31-Oct-16 08:25:26

Hotter. I know, but, comfortable.

NickMyLipple Mon 31-Oct-16 08:27:14

I have a lovely pair of hotter court shoes. I think they look great - they're exceptionally comfortable for wearing all day.

Gillybobs Mon 31-Oct-16 08:43:15

Clarks or m&s insolia.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Mon 31-Oct-16 09:12:23

What is your budget? Russell & Bromley do amazing shoe boots with a decent heel and a platform, that are super comfy and go perfectly with opaques.

KnottyPineHell Mon 31-Oct-16 09:52:22

Have you tried using gel insoles? Make the world of difference to any healed shoes I wear and I don't have to restrict myself to the frumpy "comfort" ranges in the shoe shops.

KitKats28 Mon 31-Oct-16 13:57:09

Have a look at "Good for the Sole" on Debenhams website. I used to waitress in Next Sole Survivor heels. I don't think they are available anymore, but the Debenhams ones look very similar.

DashboardLightParadise Mon 31-Oct-16 14:02:39

I have these from last year [http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/26110972 clarks]], comfy, smart and had a few compliments on them.

DashboardLightParadise Mon 31-Oct-16 14:03:08

try link again

TheLesserOfTwoWeevils Mon 31-Oct-16 14:11:05

I have these from Hotter. Not cheap but so comfy. www.hotter.com/gb/en/donna-heels

SaltySeaBird Mon 31-Oct-16 17:34:08

Will investigate all these options!

My sister suggested Fly London but they look a bit casual. Don't really have a budget but I'm happy to pay for lasting comfort!

specialsubject Mon 31-Oct-16 17:41:09

why do you need a heel because you are shorter? You won't look taller, just teetering with twisted calves and a fed-up face.

dead flat are bad for you - as per the ballet flat waddle - but shoes you can't walk in are clearly wrong.

minipie Mon 31-Oct-16 17:55:06

Yes to Gabor. I have some ballet pumps with a slight wedge from them that are great. They don't make me much taller though - I don't think really comfy properly high heels exist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now