Talk

Advanced search

Need opinions, pics included

(12 Posts)
KnockMeDown Sat 29-Oct-16 12:56:56

Hello lovely S&B gurus. I need your honest opinions on whether this outfit is OK on me, and whether it will be OK for a birthday lunch at a nice restaurant. For info, the rest of the guests will not be particularly dressed up, and apart from my 6yr DD, I will be the youngest female by some margin.

What do you think?

HeCantBeSerious Sat 29-Oct-16 12:58:28

I like it. I'd brighten it up a bit with some silver jewellery though, I think.

rightknockered Sat 29-Oct-16 13:06:31

I like it. But do you have any black tights, or some tights that match Your shoes? I think that would make everything look sleeker. And perhaps some accessories?

rightknockered Sat 29-Oct-16 13:07:03

Earrings would look good

HeCantBeSerious Sat 29-Oct-16 13:08:11

They are black tights, aren't they?

dontpokethebear Sat 29-Oct-16 13:09:02

I agree that black tights would look better. Less 'matchy'!
And some chunky silver jewellery.

KnockMeDown Sat 29-Oct-16 13:18:55

Actually the tights are a redish berry colour similar to that in the top, and the skirt is a green. Would black tights be better.

Am just delighted no one has said I look too fat in it, so far!

HeCantBeSerious Sat 29-Oct-16 13:27:43

Black tights and black shoes/boots would be better.

Kikibanana86 Sat 29-Oct-16 13:28:23

Honestly I think the top is too clingy and unflattering and you'd look better with a solid dark colour on top and maybe prints on the bottom half. Also something where the neck isn't as high would look better..

KnockMeDown Sat 29-Oct-16 13:36:57

Thanks Kiki - I do have another top which may be better.

Am intrigued about the tights - are coloured opaques not the in thing now?

outofdepth Sat 29-Oct-16 13:49:34

Maybe a different top with a square or vneck would suit you more - I think boots with a higher block heel would be good too - and definitely back tights

BusterGonad Sat 29-Oct-16 14:42:02

I like the outfit but I think a v neck lower cut neck line would really work for you and be dressier for a meal. I love coloured tights by the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now