Talk

Advanced search

Jumper and shoes needed

(7 Posts)
Kirriemuir Sat 29-Oct-16 10:01:33

My winter work wardrobe this year is going to be wider length trousers with a shit and cari/v neck jumper on top.

I'll need to drop the ballet flats and I can't do heels in winter due to the location I work in (I am out all the time, slippy pavements etc) so looking for a warm, flat shoe suitable for work.

So, my questions - have you seen any lovely deep v neck jumpers that are quite fitted. Often a jumper can make me look big! And, I've seen Clarks hamble but are they ok or should I be looking at something else?

Thanks

LindyHemming Sat 29-Oct-16 10:04:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Queenbean Sat 29-Oct-16 10:05:12

trousers with a shit

Really making a fashion statement there grin

Place marking as I'm after the same style of jumper

BikeRunSki Sat 29-Oct-16 10:08:32

I wear the Clark's Hamble Oaks all the time, and have them in 3 colours! Highly recommended. Look at Land's End for jumpers too.

(Top tip, if your feet are quite wide, then Next do a brogue in the boy's section that is very similar to the Hamble Oaks but about half the price, and much thicker leather.)

ChippyMinton Sat 29-Oct-16 10:13:27

I'm wearing similar this winter.
Merino knitwear from Uniqlo is fab as it's machine washable.

I have the Clarks hamble oaks, in oxblood from a couple of years ago, and the griffin mabel, in blue suede from last season, both are very comfortable, and I wear them with skirts too. I love this season's aubergine colour. Not keen on black as it's a bit man-ish.

Kirriemuir Sat 29-Oct-16 11:05:37

Thanks everyone. Will look ok at the jumper websites. It's hard finding a v that is deep enough. I am quite the busty so cut wrongly a jumper can make me look huge!

I was going to go with black hambles I think or may be tan.

ChippyMinton Sat 29-Oct-16 11:55:36

I just read an article about the new Alexa Chung collection at M&S which mentioned deep-v neck jumpers - launches on Tuesday so might be worth a look?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now