Talk

Advanced search

Fine limp hair and humidity

(4 Posts)
MandyFl0ss Sat 29-Oct-16 07:32:51

Just been to the hairdressers and the cut is a bit rubbish. My hair was really long and it's just been cut one length just below shoulders, no shape to it whatsoever, looks limp and thin. Luckily the colour is great!

My hair is not naturally straight but it is no longer wavy either, so I have to blow dry it straight (doesn't take more than 5 minutes) but as soon as I leave the house it goes frizzy and looks a mess by the time I get to the office. I don't like it poker straight by the way.

I can't afford to go to a different hairdressers to get a decent haircut just yet so until I do, what hair styling products would you recommend to give my hair long wearing lift and volume? I would prefer high end products as I believe I have tried everything Boots has to offer grin.

singleandfabulous Sat 29-Oct-16 07:40:37

Loreal Fibroligy is great for thin/fine hair. Have you tried the John Frieda volumising mousse? Its really good. Sounds like you need it graduating in the last inch or have some long layers put in.
What about usung a styling wand then setting it with hairspray?

phoolani Sat 29-Oct-16 09:56:24

Schwarzkopf 10in1 all star styling product is good. Tho nothing is helping my currently badly-cut, roots down to my ears mess at the minute 😫

MoBro Sat 29-Oct-16 18:44:20

I can suggest some blow drying products but to be honest, for long lasting volume and lift I would recommend a dust to put on dry hair. You can recreate the style all day by pushing volume in the crown. You should watch a mini tutorial online to see the results. You can really feel it in your hair and some people HATE to feel product.(in my opinion it's worth it for the end result). If you do absolutely hate the feel of product- you can get backcombing sprays that are powdery and are similar but not as strong, you could brush them out. Redken do a good range of both volumising dust and back combing spray. As does L'Oréal professional series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now