Talk

Advanced search

Recommend someone to 'do your colours'

(6 Posts)
NotAMammy Fri 28-Oct-16 21:53:50

Following on from a few posts on here. Have you had your colours done and can you recommend who did it for you?
It seems like House of Colours is the company to go through, but there are quite a few people in the area so I don't know who to go through, if I do decide to cough up the cash.
I'm in the NE, Newcastle area.
TIA.

MolliesMum555 Fri 28-Oct-16 22:17:52

Having mine "done" tomorrow but it's in the Yorkshire area. Had to travel a couple of hours as there are no consultants near me. It's with the house of colour. Have you looked on the website for a consultant near you...sorry l can't recommend anyone.

NotAMammy Fri 28-Oct-16 22:27:05

Yeah, there's three within a travellable distance. Do you think they'd all be as good as each other?
I think I'm probably an Autumn, but I'd like someone to confirm it and to discuss specific colours.
Let us/me know how you get on tomorrow and how you find it.

MolliesMum555 Fri 28-Oct-16 22:47:55

I think I'm a cool,bright...spring? Although l don't wear those colours!! Jeans, grey jumpers...dark brown or khaki green coat!! Looking forward to it and hoping the colours l suit are colours l feel confident and happy in! Will let you know how it goes.grin

feetheart Sat 29-Oct-16 01:32:10

I looked online, had a few local to me and chose the consultant who wore glasses! I have worn mine since I was 6, have had no luck with contacts and thought she would understand some of the issues, especially the hassle of putting on make-up!
She was great, confirmed that I was an Autumn but included colours that I never would have thought of wearing. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and am enjoying ditching old clothes that never felt quite right and buying new ones smile
Unfortunately I'm down South so not much use for recommending anyone. I hope you find someone and have a ball!

MolliesMum555 Sat 29-Oct-16 19:30:38

Back from my day of colours! It was really interesting. I am a spring and a blue spring at that! Bright bold colours which l actually quite like but it will take some getting used to. She did my makeup a mineral based powder and lippy which helped..and blusher...l could see the difference the colours made. It was a good day and l shared it with 2 other ladies and seeing them in their best colours was good too. A nice girly treat and a day out. Go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now