Talk

Advanced search

George Northwood (& 'invisible layers)...

(5 Posts)
MrsSeanBeanIsAtWork Fri 28-Oct-16 13:02:32

I thought I'd try the George Northwood salon the other day as I have wavy hair and like the beachy/ messy wave / undone kind of look

It was a bit 'meh' though: I'm unsure if it's a case of the 'emperor's new hair'.

The cut seemed to consist of mainly by taking weight out all over, both while the hair was wet and dry. I still have some layers left in (from previous cut) but overall I'm underwhelmed. When the layers grow out I fear I will be left with strange candy floss hair.

Has anyone else experienced the cuts they do?

Do they improve with time?

ExGucciKing Fri 28-Oct-16 13:11:36

Who cut it? I've been going there since they opened and can't speak highly enough of them. I have Steve or James. Both great but I prefer James marginally. Better at blowdrys too. Cuts and colour grown out beautifully.

Used to go to Daniel H, then Josh Wood and Sally is a far far better colourist. Amazingly talented. Great keratin treatments too.

MrsSeanBeanIsAtWork Fri 28-Oct-16 13:16:44

ExGucci- Would rather not name & shame, but was neither of the stylists you mentioned. I went to John Frieda years ago, then Richard Ward - but they got a bit too 'blingy'.

What type hair do you have? Mind is very thick and dry, wavy tending to frizzy.

Could try again with another stylish I guess.

ExGucciKing Fri 28-Oct-16 13:54:04

Of course. My hair is fine and soft but lots of it, used to be very curly but now more large waves. I have keratin treatment too, which makes it less wavy.

Try James, he is lovely and great at what he does. I don't like their house style blow dry though, so tend to ask for just a smooth, low volume blow out.

Pistachiois50pmore Fri 28-Oct-16 20:14:44

A really similar thing happened to me at Hershesons. Didn't even get invisible layers, totally grumpy cow (hungover?) said "no, you'll be fine without" and gave me the most bogstandard blunt mid length cut that anyone could have done. Took about 10 minutes. They made it up to an hour by leaving me waiting for ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now