Uniqlo cashmere

(13 Posts)
taybert Thu 27-Oct-16 15:12:03

Any good? They've got some nice things for £49.90 this week.

OCSockOrphanage Thu 27-Oct-16 15:59:42

Normally very decent quality and good colour range for the money. Go for it if the style is right for you. Best in class for the price IMO.

prettygreen Thu 27-Oct-16 16:16:27

I have owned a couple for a year or two and think they are great. I agree they are good value for money and the colours are usually gorgeous. Mine have washed fine too (in the machine).

Justwanttoweeinpeace Thu 27-Oct-16 16:20:46

Been buying it for years, great value for money.

PollyPerky Thu 27-Oct-16 17:13:56

am wearing one now! I think they seem thinner this year. I tried one on a couple of weeks ago in store.
Be careful of how colours look on their website unless you are going for black, navy etc. And IMO sizing is smallish. I buy a small rather than an XS and am an 8-10 with a 30-32 bust.

taybert Thu 27-Oct-16 17:31:29

Yeah, I got a merino one a couple of months ago and it's nice but I'm a 10 and bought the medium thinking it'd be a bit loose but it isn't really.

Floisme Thu 27-Oct-16 22:05:02

Mine turned to fuzz after a couple of washes. I normally like Uniqlo but I won't be buying their cashmere again.

taybert Thu 27-Oct-16 22:42:01

Oh bum Flo, just ordered one. I'll see what it looks like. The merino one I've got from there is lovely (much better than a WoolOvers one I ordered which is going back). Though I guess it's difficult to tell if it's going to wash well by just looking.

Floisme Thu 27-Oct-16 22:51:33

Oh no sorry blush I hope my experience was a one-off. I do normally rate Uniqlo.

taybert Thu 27-Oct-16 23:04:25

It's ok! It can always go back if it doesn't look any good. About 90% of what I order goes back.... I think of it as a day out in a city shopping for a rural person, it's just spread over several weeks and the changing room is my bedroom!

SesameSparkle Thu 27-Oct-16 23:07:21

I've got a cashmere cardi, the colour is beautiful and I've worn it the last 2-3 winters and it's lasted well. I would've liked to get another one but all the cardis are neutral colours this year, which isn't really for me.

aniceearlynight Fri 28-Oct-16 09:02:41

I agree with PollyPerky, I think they seem thinner and scratchier this year. Some colours feel softer and thicker than others - grey was nice and soft but the navy just felt like lambswool to me. Something to do with the dying process perhaps?

Confusednotcom Fri 28-Oct-16 09:05:59

Where is goid besides uniqlo? Have a couple of Boden cashmere jumpers which I like but they weren't cheap even in sale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now