We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss Curl Secret

(15 Posts)
passmethewineplease Thu 27-Oct-16 14:11:10

Been looking this gadget and it looks amazing!

I'm rubbish at using tongs/wands/rollers blush

Is it worth the hype/money?!

Also I could get a second hand one for £40 or a new one for £70, I'm torn between which one to go for!

Motherfuckers Thu 27-Oct-16 14:13:04

It works well, but is tricky to do the back.
I have used mine once in over a year, too much faff.

keeponkeepinon Thu 27-Oct-16 14:49:21

I have one and it's very easy to use. I've never mastered the wand or straighteners for curling.

Sweetdisposition91 Thu 27-Oct-16 14:56:54

I've got one, it's good but you can only put small sections in it at once so long hair takes about an hour to do! And they are quite small tight curls so depends what look you're after.
I finally mastered how to use tongs, hold the tong near the base of your head and wind the hair round it, rather than curling it up from the bottom if that makes any sense!
If you buy one I suggest getting a new boxed one from eBay rather than spending £100 on a new one.

LittleOyster Thu 27-Oct-16 14:57:49

Placemarking. I am rubbish at curling my hair and have been wondering about this too.

donajimena Thu 27-Oct-16 14:59:55

I have one and it is pretty amazing. It does take some getting used too but worth it in my opinion. I've tried all sorts on my poker straight hair but this is the only thing that seems to work.

burnishedsilver Thu 27-Oct-16 15:43:35

I've only used it a handful of times. I regret buying it. It takes ages to do all my hair. It's hard to do the back properly. The curls come out as tight ringlets and the roots stay flat. It's not possible to curl to the root. I've gone back to my old heated rollers.

NewIdeasToday Thu 27-Oct-16 20:39:50

Hi. I've been looking at this too. It looks great but I can't justify £130 on something that might not work in practice.

LittleOyster Thu 27-Oct-16 20:41:35

Me neither, NewIdeas. Wish I could borrow one off someone to trial it.

Motherfuckers Fri 28-Oct-16 03:09:25

You can come round mine, I am in the US though..

Liiinoo Fri 28-Oct-16 05:02:29

I have one and like it so much I have bought another one for our holiday home. It is on offer at £89.99 in Boots atm and I paid for part of it with my saved up points.
I am trying to grow my hair long enough to put it up. It is is poker straight and so can look a bit limp and if I try to curl using tongs or rollers it just won't hold the curl. With this It takes me about 15 minutes to do my shoulder length hair. It starts off very curly and drops out over 4-5 days until eventually it just has some wave and bounce

If you want a slightly looser curl I find releasing it before the final beep does the trick. Like any new technique it takes a bit of practice but it's worth it.

LittleOyster Fri 28-Oct-16 12:30:53

Thanks, Motherfuckers - I want curls so badly I am tempted to book a flight!

I love mine, its the only gadget I have found that I can use to curl my hair, once you get the hang of it it is so easy to use if a little heavy.

you can set it to tight curl or at a lower temperature / time to get a subtle wave.

Bijouxxx Fri 28-Oct-16 15:12:25

I like mine because it's the only thing that curls my thick straight hair and holds all day. However it is heavy to use (makes my shoulders hurt if I curl all my hair) and hard to do the back. With my thick hair it does take a good 45mins to do it so I tend to put my hair in a pony tail/do a half up half down style so I don't have to curl all over. I'm glad I bought it but it did only cost me £30 as I had a £50 boots voucher and loads of points on my card, I'm not sure I would be as impressed if I had paid the £120 it was back then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now