Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to wear -scattering ashes ceremony.

(4 Posts)
BigginsforPope Thu 27-Oct-16 09:39:53

I am not sure whether to wear all black or something with a bit of colour or less smart.

My dm died in July and we held a funeral for which I wore smart black dress, heels etc. This is a much more informal family gathering to bury the ashes under a cherry tree. It is in the cemetary though and afterwards we are going for a family meal. I don't want us to look like a funeral party having a pub meal.

Can I wear colour? I've got a soft brown dress with brown knee high boots. Or a black cord knee length skirt, blouse and coloured tights with black boots.

I can well imagine my dm rolling her eyes at me if I turned up in jeans though . . .

taybert Thu 27-Oct-16 09:49:38

I think either of your suggestions sound about right. I'd say the sort of thing you'd wear out for Sunday lunch - so a bit smarter than jeans but not full on formal. Have you asked anyone else who is going what they are thinking of wearing?

Sorry for your loss.

taybert Thu 27-Oct-16 09:50:37

Lots of people don't wear black for funerals now so I think colour would be fine.

BigginsforPope Thu 27-Oct-16 10:18:00

The only other people going are my brothers, my aunt (who only ever wears black anyway) and my mum's husband. I am not even sure if sil is going as it depends on her getting childcare.

I think the Sunday lunch idea sounds about right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now