Boot opinions please

(18 Posts)
PollysPoppy Wed 26-Oct-16 16:42:23

Tried these on today and quite liked them but didn't buy (perhaps because I ordered a black pair in another style a couple of days ago). What does anyone think?

rightknockered Wed 26-Oct-16 16:43:45

I like them.
But my taste in boots has gone considerable awry lately

PollyPerky Wed 26-Oct-16 17:04:48

I think they are nice.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Wed 26-Oct-16 19:00:02

I think they'really nice too.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Wed 26-Oct-16 19:00:47

*they're (bloody phone)

keeponkeepinon Wed 26-Oct-16 19:01:05

Very nice indeed.

PollysPoppy Wed 26-Oct-16 20:16:35

Ooh this is a bit enabling wink - glad they pass the MN test! Might grab them at the weekend.

Thank you!

PollysPoppy Thu 27-Oct-16 15:55:06

Hmmm 20% off today. Good thing I didn't buy yesterday!

Ketsby Thu 27-Oct-16 21:03:50

Just the other day similar boots were lambasted as 'the mum boot'. A low, chunky heel was deemed too 'safe' and frumpy. So why is this not 'a mum boot'?

PollysPoppy Thu 27-Oct-16 21:48:14

Ketsby - I have no idea why they're not 'mum boots' but surely we should buy boots we like and which we find comfortable? And yes, which are fashionable if we're that way inclined! Would these pass as a slightly trendier mum boot then, I wonder? grin

Dfg15 Thu 27-Oct-16 21:56:33

I really don't get all this 'mum boots' bollox. If you like the boots wear them. Why does the opinion of a bunch of people on the Internet matter? Not having a go at you OP but there's been a lot of these threads lately .

PollysPoppy Thu 27-Oct-16 22:53:20

Kinda with you on that Dfg! It wasn't supposed to be a Mum boots thread .... just somewhere to get views on whether they're okay or hideous! Anyway, am off boot shopping tomorrow so heaven knows what I'll end up with!

keeponkeepinon Fri 28-Oct-16 07:02:02

To me 'mum boots' has pretty much ended up any boot that a given person does not find particularly attractive, and thinks is years out of date and therefore deems it a 'mum boot', expecting it to be worn with too short bootcuts and a fleece. It's totally subjective. You might as well say, 'that's not my cup of tea', or 'it's a bit dated'.

On the other hand, i know the sorts of boots I'd never wear, because I'd feel totally dated in them. But what one person would feel out of style in and not myself, another would adore.

Anyway, I think those boots the op posted are classy simple and elegant and would look stylish for years to come. So I'd say go for it if you like them.
Maybe we shouldn't be debating the mum boot, rather hunting for the 'timeless' boot! The lbd or breton of the footwear world!

imjessie Fri 28-Oct-16 08:08:50

Too shiny got my taste . They look cheap and they aren't .

BusterGonad Fri 28-Oct-16 08:41:04

I would say they are not 'mum boots' as they don't have a middle aged air about them. To me mum boots are just a bit meh.

BusterGonad Fri 28-Oct-16 08:44:06

Keepinkeepinon lol at mum boot description.

keeponkeepinon Fri 28-Oct-16 22:38:58

True though yes?! Mum boot is whatever you deem it to be. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that...

PollysPoppy Fri 28-Oct-16 23:20:10

True keepon

Bought boots today but not those linked in original post. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now