Talk

Advanced search

Cosmetic contact lenses

(6 Posts)
LifeIsGoodish Tue 25-Oct-16 20:34:19

I want to use cosmetic contact lenses for a fancy dress party next year. I have worn contacts in the past, but my eyes have become a bit drier as I've got older, and I haven't used contacts in years.

What is the best, most comfortable make? Anyone know?

Disabrie22 Tue 25-Oct-16 22:46:36

what kind are you looking for? I bought a pair of yellow ones once from a company with Banana in the title and they were soooo difficult to get in. Even the most exspensive coloured lenses can be uncomfortable.

LifeIsGoodish Wed 26-Oct-16 00:14:42

Don't really know. Something wacky and unsubtle.

Had you worn contacts before? Were you used to contacts?

specialsubject Wed 26-Oct-16 10:09:15

You still need a checkup and to buy from a real supplier. The cosmetic lenses can and have caused eye damage.

LifeIsGoodish Wed 26-Oct-16 12:16:26

shock
Googled.
Doesn't seem such a good idea any more!

Still want to do it, but willing to pay more to do it properly and safely via optician. But all the optician-dispensed ones are too natural. I want whacky.

byklaudio Tue 31-Jan-17 08:55:33

Just came across your post, so I will give you my 2 cents.

You have to find the correct lenses that are best for you based on the DIA and BC of your eyes.
Then, look at the water content of the lenses. There is no specific but something around 45 % for colored ones, would be good.
Read some reviews. Get an eye check.
Finally, use some eye drops with the lenses and it will make your dry eyes issue go away.

Are you looking for lenses like the ones in the image?

If so, you'll find them here

Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now