Talk

Advanced search

Coolsculpting. Does it work?

(7 Posts)
user1473609428 Tue 25-Oct-16 11:07:48

I am interested in knowing your opinion about Coolsculpting treatment. Who tried? Did it work for you?

user1476173955 Fri 23-Dec-16 12:05:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

missfliss Fri 23-Dec-16 18:46:37

Hello, I tried it. A blogger I read regularly had tried it and had great results.
Did nothing for me sadly. A waste of money.
However for some it really works apparently.
It was the midlife chic blog if you are interested.

DragonRojo Tue 27-Dec-16 10:29:53

It did very little for me. In fact first time it did nothing, so the clinic repeated it for free. Second time I lost about 2cm on each thigh. Not enough for it to be noticeable

mbinsider Fri 31-Mar-17 15:07:50

I have mixed feeling about it. here's my review mbinsider.com/coolsculpting/

user1491036708 Sat 01-Apr-17 09:58:25

I bought a cheap deal on Groupon and 2 months later, there was no sign of any benefit from it. It seems the cheap deal salons use chinese knock-off machines that don't get you cold enough for the effect to work.
So I started asking around about the actual brand of machine each salon used, thinking I'd go back for a second try with a 'proper' machine. The salons that use the Zeltiq machine (the only one with FDA approval, having a proven effect) are considerably more expensive per session, and quote you a price per applicator. They then admit they may use 2 or 3 applicators on your belly, so the cost could be 2 or 3 times more than you expect. I'd love to find an affordable solution but no luck so far.
All I can say is that you probably get what you pay for - if you get a cheaper service, with a no-brand machine, you will get no noticeable results. You have to pay up for the expensive machine to get an effect, and that may cost you more than you expect. :-(

mbinsider Sat 01-Apr-17 11:08:05

Yes, I believe it's definitely more expensive than it should be. Would definitely recommend going to a very good and experienced practitioner as well. There's always a threat to end up with uneven 'sculpting' result.

It would really help you guys could comment on my blog article about your experiences as I'm looking to get more unbiased information for my readers. I get a lot of questions about it. mbinsider.com/coolsculpting/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now