Talk

Advanced search

Poncho or similar for wearing with a sling

(5 Posts)
Thistledew Tue 25-Oct-16 07:53:16

I am after some sort of winter coat to wear when I have DS in a sling and was thinking of getting a poncho style that would fasten over both of us- probably with buttons down the front so it doesn't cover his head?

Either that, or a coat that I can wear him over the top of, which doesn't have buttons or zips on the chest for him to catch his face on.

Any suggestions?

puglife15 Tue 25-Oct-16 08:54:33

Have you googled babywearing coats? You'll probably find loads that way.

puglife15 Tue 25-Oct-16 08:55:40

... I wear a soft belted cape btw which fastens round us both. Doesn't keep my arms warm though!

AngelicCurls Tue 25-Oct-16 12:26:09

I have a baby wearing coat now, mamalilia one, and its fab. I got mine second hand as they are pricey now but I wanted one I could use with back carries. Last winter when I was just front carrying I got a cheap parka from primark. I got a size 18 which went over us both with room to spare and had a drawstring round the middle to keep the draught out! I think verbaudet do a cheaper front only baby wearing coat, but tbh if you're planning on back carrying you'd be better off spending a bit more and buying one that will allow you to do both and if not just going for a cheapy one!

AngelicCurls Tue 25-Oct-16 12:28:34

Sorry, should have said, the primark coat went over is both rather than under the sling. Generally it's not recommened to wear your coat under the sling as you won't be able to get it tight enough, and she you end up baking you can't take it off easily!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now