Does anyone use the L'Oréal balayage kit and if so, best tips and advice please!

(6 Posts)
eyespydreams Mon 24-Oct-16 19:58:52

In fact any advice on home highlights that don't involve a cap welcomed!

Usual scenario, new baby, no time or money. Have long thick very dark blonde hair, growing out some balayage now, would like to top up.

RollingWithIt Mon 24-Oct-16 20:03:34

How long is your regrowth. Could you maybe get away with putting a colour matching the darker balayage on the roots your hair? Tide you over until you get to the hairdresser.

I understand what it's like when your in that position and are desperate but just to warn you. If your hair is dark and your going over it with bleach it could turn out very brassy. Then there's going over bleach with bleach if your ends are quite light.

I would normally say stay away from box dyes (I'm a colourist) but your not looking to be told that. Do you have any grey

eyespydreams Mon 24-Oct-16 20:09:29

No that is good advice, out of my twenties I swore NO MORE HOME DYE, but all the new ranges look so good! In London so it's just far too pricey to get done properly, will wait until I go and visit mum in Northern Ireland, a quarter of the price!

eyespydreams Mon 24-Oct-16 20:10:06

No grey at all

RollingWithIt Mon 24-Oct-16 20:13:13

Good plan. And congrats on your new baby!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 24-Oct-16 20:46:48

I used it several times, loved it. My hair is very curly though so any mistakes are more easily disguised!

Anyway, the instructions say to part your hair in the middle and just add dye to the ends, that'll give you a nice line round your head! I pinned up the top layers and did the ends and under layers (my hair is kind on shoulder length but graduated) then let bits down and did each curl separately. 'Pintura' I think is the way it's described.

Anyway, it looked really nice and when I redid it as it had grown out a bit, going over the previously blonde bits were fine. I dyed it back to brown using the Cheryl Tweedy Loreal all over colour and used a bronding kit for some subtle highlights, it looks good! I think so long as you take your time, do it in natural light, it should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now