Getting my colours done

(16 Posts)
Scarftown Mon 24-Oct-16 15:42:17

Hi all

I have seen talked about a few times on this topic about your colours.

I never know what suits me, and I'm currently going through a phase of not liking a lot of my clothes and beginning to debate if silver jewellery really does suit me etc. Basically I'm doubting myself.

Is it worth having my colour thing done. I don't really know what it is and if it is worth the £140 it cost. Thinking it might stop me buying things on a whim or before I have tried it on and debated if it really suited me.

Thoughts if you have had it done yourself?

Fuzzypeggy Mon 24-Oct-16 19:21:43

Well worth it imo, it's quite easy to spend 140 quid on things that don't suit

badtasteflump Mon 24-Oct-16 19:36:25

Not had it done but bought the book and did it myself - I found it easy to work out my own season and spent about £10 instead of £140!

AuroraBora Mon 24-Oct-16 23:39:52

Well worth it IMO. I have a good eye for colour and still couldn't have "diagnosed" myself.

The good thing about house of colour is that they rate all the colours in your season on you, so you know which ones you look amazing in.

NotAMammy Mon 24-Oct-16 23:46:50

Watching along. Researched it earlier in the year but it felt like a lot of money.
also everyone who did it seemed to be really old and I judged them harshly. I'm a bitch.

AmberNectarine Tue 25-Oct-16 00:04:56

For me, totally worth it. I could have guessed my season, but not the subtler nuances around which colours are GREAT and which just ok.

Makes shopping so easy now as I can just count out so much.

BerylStreep Tue 25-Oct-16 00:16:18

I got it done, and I thought it was worth it. I think I only paid about £80 though. Is it worth shopping around for consultants?

Strawclutching Tue 25-Oct-16 08:24:12

Just had it done. It was brilliant. I obviously knew what I was doing in my twenties as I wore a lot of soft summers.

It's going to save me a lot of money in the long run.

Scarftown Tue 25-Oct-16 08:58:31

Maybe I'll treat myself for Christmas then.

I'm just struggling to like any of my clothes at the moment so I think a complete overhaul is required lol

Phwooooar Tue 25-Oct-16 09:00:13

can anyone recommend someone to do this? I live in West Byfleet, Surrey area

piddleypower Wed 26-Oct-16 08:37:00

I was brought it for an Xmas present and it was brilliant. Think it was £80. I had a lot of clothes that I would put on in the morning then take straight off again as they didn't feel right but I didn't know why. DH used to laugh at my morning clothes crisis. Turns out they were all the wrong colours for me. Now I have all the right stuff and it all matches. Took a while to change over my wardrobe but it's so worth it. Much less stress.

I know what Notamammy means about thinking it's something older women do. I guess when you are young and firm you can fling on any old thing and style it out! But I think it has been revelatory for me. Also does stop you wasting money on stuff you won't wear.

Why not ask for it for a Xmas prez?

Kr1stina Wed 26-Oct-16 08:43:35

I got my colours done and the result wasn't too much of a surprise . But it sopwwd me wasting money on colours that weren't quite right.

For me the most useful thing my by far was getting my style done .

But I'm not sure you wanted to know that as it's more ££.

efeslight Wed 26-Oct-16 08:51:55

Have been considering doing this for a while, also bought a book, but don't trust my own judgement in these matters.
Also now don't know whether to wear silver or gold jewellery.
Interested in learning about style too. What happened in the style consultation and what style are you?

OrangeSquashTallGlass Wed 26-Oct-16 08:53:04

I had it done and it was great. And I'm not old NotAMammy but I suppose I do understand what you mean.

Definitely ask for it (or some money towards it) for Christmas!

DorothyBastard Wed 26-Oct-16 08:56:03

I had mine done a few weeks ago. Would massively recommend it to anyone, I loved it (and had felt very sceptical about it beforehand). Have asked DH for the style one for my Christmas present

Strawclutching Wed 26-Oct-16 09:06:22

I had my style done too. I really found it worth while as I always assumed I was Apple shaped with short legs but apparently I'm hourglass with long (in proportion to body) legs. I was told styles of jewellery, coats, tops, trousers, shoes etc. Its made shopping so much easier and I'm feeling more confidant. Although I'm obviously slowly buying new items and it makes me hate my old clothes as I automatically see what's wrong with them! It's frustrating not to be able to afford new stuff right away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now