what do I do with these extra things I've been sent?

(10 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 24-Oct-16 14:16:06

Placed an order for some clothes and they clearly weren't dispatched and going to arrive on time. Contacted customer services for an update on timescale who straight away offered to send out the order again. I never asked for this, I just wanted an update on delivery, they just did it. So they cancelled the original order as if returned and sent out another set of the order as an account credit (I never got charged again). So now I have two sets of the same order. What do I do? Send one set back? It's like they just gave it to me. It seems bizarre. Trying to contact their cust servs again but cannot get through.

EssentialHummus Mon 24-Oct-16 14:20:47

Explain what's happened to them. They'll usually tell you to keep the extra, in my experience. We ended up with an extra bed this way!

lilyborderterrier Mon 24-Oct-16 14:22:52

I would send the items back love, the same happened to me my items went missing in the post so the company ( the wonderful muddy Puddles) sent a replacement order and then the original items turned up at the post office. I immediately rang them and sent them back . My conscious wouldn't have rested if I'd have kept them. Good karma and all that!

Fuzzypeggy Mon 24-Oct-16 19:23:34

Send them back, doesn't seem right to have two when only paid for one unless they expressly said that you were being gifted the next set

Uhohmummy Mon 24-Oct-16 19:28:41

Of course send them back. Why wouldn't you? Unless you've been told you can keep them it's clearly an error

Sweetdreamsaremadeofthis Mon 24-Oct-16 19:30:02

Keep them

Shockers Mon 24-Oct-16 19:35:30

Contact customer services when you can and ask them to sort out a courier, or postage.

They may just tell you to keep them.

Laska5772 Mon 24-Oct-16 19:35:34

I would send them back .

228agreenend Mon 24-Oct-16 19:40:01

I would send them back, but ask them to pay for postage.

keeponkeepinon Mon 24-Oct-16 19:47:04

When they were arranging the second set to come, I asked if I would be charged and they said no there would be no charge. I think I'll have to try and speak to them again tomorrow or just take it back to the PO, clearly I am feeling odd about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now