Talk

Advanced search

Foundation for very dry skin?

(7 Posts)
PoldarksBreeches Sun 23-Oct-16 16:32:42

I usually use bare minerals as I like the natural effect and don't like a heavy feeling on my skin but recently my skin is so dry that it looks flaky and awful.
Any recommendations for light and natural foundation that will even up blotchy skin without drying too much? £25 budget.
Thanks flowers

DOTLEYtheONEeyedDINO Sun 23-Oct-16 17:12:43

Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser is very good indeed - excellent coverage. But I think closer to £40. A tube does last me a long time though.

Also, as a separate moisturiser, I highly recommend Palmers Skin Therapy Face Oil (£6-10 depending where you get it) - I only use it at night, but it makes my skin feel wonderful.

PoldarksBreeches Sun 23-Oct-16 17:26:04

Thank you. Is the palmers frangrance free?

WittgensteinsBunny Sun 23-Oct-16 19:41:08

I love dr haushka's foundation. It's natural and not too heavy, nicer coverage than bare minerals imo. I think it's about £30 but quite often money off. Contains lots of natural oils, and I find it really smooths over my dry patches.

LifeLong13 Sun 23-Oct-16 19:45:47

My skin is super dry and I moisturise with boots time delay facial oil then either Clinique Beyond Perfecting, Gosh Xtreme Wear or 17 25 hour wear.

I also use NIP & FAB extreme facial pads. They get all the dead skin off as they exfoliate with chemicals rather than an abrasive like a foaming exfoliator. I find that stops my skin getting drier as it doesn't have the "soap" to dry it out.

In fact I don't use any foaming products.

DOTLEYtheONEeyedDINO Tue 25-Oct-16 11:25:01

I've just sniffed the Palmers Facial oil - doesn't appear to smell of anything really! Can't read the bottle - the text is too small!

PoldarksBreeches Tue 25-Oct-16 12:17:12

I've ordered some based on Amazon reviews!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now